Civic Accelerator Veterans Solutions Lab Program 2018 for US-based Ventures (Up to $50,000)
Deadline: May 4, 2018
Applications are open for the Civic Accelerator Veterans Solutions Lab Program 2018. The program is an 8-week startup boot camp and investment fund that will accelerate 8-12 innovative, scalable ventures empowering and equipping veterans, their spouses and children, to build job-ready skills, find employment and successfully reintegrate into communities across the country through:
- Education Alternatives: New pathways to education attainment, job-specific credentialing, and alternative education settings for veterans, spouses and children
- Financial Supports: Financial guidance to navigate the GI bill, manage student debt, and financial planning solutions for military families
- Pathways to Employment: Workforce solutions for veterans and spouses, talent placement platforms for new economy jobs, and on-the-job mentoring and career counseling
- Transition Support: Access to career coaching, mentoring, peer-to-peer networking and employer adaption to support the transition to civilian life
- Two teams will be selected to receive $50,000 grants each, with the decision being made by the entrepreneurs themselves;
- A limited air travel stipend (up to $1,200 total for the 8-week program) and hotel accommodations are available for selected ventures, and most meals during the program are provided by the program.
- Open to early stage for-profit and nonprofit ventures that are enabling veterans and their spouses to build job-ready skills, find employment and successfully reintegrate into communities across the country;
- Venture must be registered in the U.S.;
- Ventures at the idea phase will not be accepted. You should have a prototype or have completed a pilot program prior to applying;
- If accepted, you must be able to attend the entire Veterans Solutions Lab program.
For more information, visit Civic Accelerator Veterans Solutions Lab.