Deadline: June 29, 2018
Entries are invited for the Future Generation Art Prize 2019. The prize is a biannual global contemporary art prize to discover, recognize and give long-term support to a future generation of artists. It is an important contribution to the open participation of younger artists in the dynamic cultural development of societies in global transition.
The Prize will emphasize the strong commitment of leading international artists for the next generation of artists and the future of art. The selected artists will be commissioned to create new works that go on display at the PinchukArtCentre in Kyiv. Subsequently, all of them will present their works in the Future Generation Art Prize exhibition at the Venice Biennale.
Established by the Victor Pinchuk Foundation in 2009, the Prize supported the artistic development and production of new works of over 84 artists in exhibitions at the PinchukArtCentre in Kyiv and as official collateral events at the Venice Biennale in 2011, 2013, and 2017.
- The main prize winner receives $100,000 split between a $60,000 cash prize and a $40,000 investment in their practice;
- Up to 5 special prizes are awarded at the discretion of the jury. A total amount of $20,000 will be awarded to special prize winners for supporting projects that develop their artistic practice.
- All artists aged 35 or younger from anywhere in the world, working in any medium are invited to apply for the Prize;
- A group of artists can apply as one participant; at the same time any artist who belongs to a group that has applied can apply individually as a separate participant;
- All works of art, regardless of category or media are eligible for submission.
Participants must fill in all fields of the Application Form and upload a photo/video of between three and seven of their artworks meeting the size limitations as outlined in the Entry Form.
For more information, visit Future Generation Art Prize.