Youthspark Pan-African Conference 2018 in Accra, Ghana
Deadline: July 13, 2018
Apply to attend the Youthspark Pan-African Conference 2018. This is the maiden edition of an annual Pan-African youth capacity-building programme designed for successfully selected youth to acquire valuable leadership skills and develop cutting-edge skills on transforming their ideas into profitable ventures.
150 visionary, innovative and development driven youth shall be selected from across 19 African countries and given the opportunity of dialoguing, sharing ideas and strategies that can deliver accelerated problem solving opportunities in the Africa space. The conference aims to:
- To foster transgenerational dialogue, share ideas and also explore new perspectives and opportunities towards building the African economy through young people.
- To promote value reorientation, ethical fibre and empathy based leadership among African youth.
- To promote mentoring opportunities and collaborations among young African visionaries.
Successfully selected participants shall be given a set of random tasks to tackle in their local communities which will set their mind to learning prior to their participation at the conference. They will also be expected to come up with practical and actionable ideas and strategies that can deliver accelerated problem solving opportunities in the Africa space.
- Build collaborative relationships and network with like minds towards rebuilding the African economy.
- Evaluate and get acquainted with latest tools and technological innovations for growing their businesses in Africa.
- Be offered the opportunity to meet directly with business leaders and mentors to position themselves as experts in your field (Mentorship Platforms)
This conference is partially-funded.
There are no charges for applying for the conference. Partial participation fee is only applicable for successfully selected participants for the event.
Successfully selected participants shall pay a partial fee of $200 USD to cover:
- 4 Night Accommodation
- Feeding for participants (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Conference Materials
- Conference T-Shirt
- Cocktail/Dinner Night on Final Day
NOTE: Participants will be responsible for securing any necessary visa and transport to Accra, Ghana for the YouthSpark Conference.
- Youth between 18 – 35 years (as at the time of application)
- Open to young Africans uths all from Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Togo, Zimbabwe, Rwanda, Mali, Gambia, Congo, Uganda, Sierra Leone, Zambia, South Africa, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Namibia, Botswana.
- Non-African Youth passionate about driving change in Africa can also apply to participate
Interested applicants must be;
- Visionary youth driven by new challenges and experiences.
- Passionate about contributing to social development in Africa.
- Self-motivated youth with proven capacity to start or expand a social enterprise or business.
- Able to speak and understand English language.
For more information, visit Youthspark Pan-African Conference.