Deadline: May 25, 2018
Can Asia’s urban sweatboxes be turned into liveable cities? Enter the Liveability Challenge 2018 and show this. The challenge calls on thinkers, dreamers, innovators and problem solvers from all over the world to submit their ideas. They want you to help unearth sustainable solutions for more liveable cities.
They are on the hunt for innovative solutions in waste management and sustainable cooling that are already at Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 6 and above which are applicable to Singapore and other Asian cities in the region. Applicants will pitch before a panel of judges and an audience including some of Asia’s big-name venture capitalists and investors in July at the World Cities Summit 2018.
Projects must fall under either one of two tracks, and must address at least one of the two areas listed below:
- Waste Management
- Circular economy solutions
- Plastic waste management
- Sustainable Cooling
- Indoor cooling
- Outdoor cooling
- Finalists of the Liveability Challenge will receive support to hone their pitches, and the most convincing and compelling projects could secure up to $1 million in funding to speed up the journey to commercialisation;
- Travel and accommodation costs are also provided for shortlisted teams from outside Singapore to attend.
- Open to Singapore-based and international participants aged 18 years or over;
- While team members can be from any organisation and anywhere in the world, solutions must be applicable to Singapore and cities in the tropics;
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified;
- Employees of Temasek Foundation Ecosperity and Eco-Business, and close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or the judging of the competition are ineligible.
How to Enter
- Register your interest here
- Upon registration, you will receive a confirmation email asking you to submit details of your project
- Complete your submission before May 25, 2018 (Singapore time)
- You will be informed by end of June if you have been accepted as a finalist for The Liveability Challenge
- Make sure you are available on July 11 to pitch your idea at the finale event held at the World Cities Summit 2018
For more information, visit Liveability Challenge.