Deadline: September 30, 2018
Applications are ongoing for the University of Essex Africa Scholarship Programme 2018-2019. The scholarship is awarded to an international student from an African nation who is self funding his/her postgraduate studies. Awards will be made on the basis of grades obtained in your first degree, so all applications for relevant courses will automatically be considered. The scholarship is awarded as a partial tuition fee waiver and is available for students on postgraduate taught Masters courses (excluding MBA).
These scholarships will only be made available as a reduction on the tuition fee that is payable on registration at the University. If you intermit from your course, you may, with the agreement of your department and at the discretion of the Director of Marketing and Student Recruitment, be entitled to a pro-rata payment of the remainder of your award on your return to study.
- A scholarship of £4,000 will be awarded to successful candidates
- Applicants must be classified as an international student for fee purposes;
- Be a national of an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union) and ordinarily resident in an African nation
- If you have a degree from any of the following countries, you must meet these academic requirements:
- Ghana: CGPA 3.0/4.0 or above
- Nigeria: CGPA 3/5 or above
- Other member states of the African Union: 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria)
- You will also be considered for this award if you are a national of an African nation and you have a degree:
- from a recognised UK university other than the University of Essex with a 2:1 or above;
- from a recognised university with a 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by the Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria) or from any of the following countries: Bangladesh, Canada, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, USA, Vietnam
If you meet all the eligibility criteria and firmly accept the offer of your place by September 30, 2018 then you will automatically be awarded this scholarship. All the relevant course applications, received by the given deadline, will automatically be considered for this scholarship and a fee discount applied to all who meet the grade requirements. You’ll be notified of your award at the point when your place at Essex is confirmed, and by the end of October 2018. You don’t need to complete an application form.
Your eligibility will be accessed based on the academic transcripts and certificates that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.
For more information, visit University of Essex Africa Scholarship Programme.