Deadline: July 4, 2018
Applications are open for the Google Impact Challenge Kenya 2018. The Google Impact Challenge Kenya supports nonprofits and social enterprises with game-changing ideas to create economic opportunity in their communities. The aim of the Challenge is to empower Kenyans to drive community impact.
The Challenge asks local innovators how they would make their community–and beyond–an even better place. The public and a panel of local Judges vote for the ideas with the most potential, and Google.org pairs each winner with a package of strategic support, funding and Google volunteers.
All 12 finalists are invited to pitch their ideas to our panel of Judges at a final event. The Judges will select three Challenge winners from these finalists, and also announce the people’s choice winner.
- Each of the four winners will receive a $250,000 grant and training from Google. The remaining 8 finalists will receive a $125,000 grant.
- Open only to nonprofit or business organizations with a legal registration in Kenya
- Organizations apply with their most innovative proposals to create economic opportunity in Kenya
The proposals will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Community Impact: Does the proposed project create economic opportunity in Kenya? Does it improve the lives of people in Kenya?
- Innovation: Does the project present unexpected solutions to unmet needs?
- Reach: Does it have the potential to scale directly or to serve as a model for other communities? Will its scope grow over time?
- Feasibility: Is the project plan (or business plan) well thought-out, and the team well-equipped to execute on it?
For more information, visit Google Impact Challenge Kenya.