Call for Volunteers for the United Nations Summer Academy 2018 in Bonn, Germany
Deadline: May 27, 2018
Apply to be a volunteer for the United Nations Summer Academy 2018. The UN Summer Academy provides an exclusive opportunity for dialogue with professionals and thought leaders who are currently working towards the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the Paris Agreement. Since 2012, the UN Summer Academy has been a flagship programme of the UN System Staff College and it prides itself in offering executive education, learning and knowledge exchange since its inception.
The theme of the 2018 edition of the UN Summer Academy ‘Bringing the 2030 Agenda to Life’ will focus on engaging different stakeholders, creating coherent policies across areas and levels of governance, building effective partnerships and strengthening review and monitoring mechanisms to achieve the goals of the 2030 Agenda. It will also provide conceptual background knowledge about the Sustainable Development Goals, including the Paris Agreement under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.
For this programme, the United Nations is looking for volunteers who can help the Summer Academy Organizing Team in the following:
- Venue preparation, registration, and logistics
- Posting on social media (Twitter and Facebook)
- Rapporteuring different sessions
- Providing assistance in other tasks as required
Open to applicants who:
- Are available full time from 24-31 August (including the weekend);
- Are proficient in English (fluency in German will be an asset);
- Can provide assistance and support in event logistics;
- Possess social media skills (particularly Twitter and Facebook) and can live tweet or post during the UN Summer Academy;
- Have knowledge and particular interest in the United Nations and its work.
For more information, visit Volunteers for UN Summer Academy.