Deadline: June 11, 2018
The Afghanistan Young Leader’s Award is open for applications. MOBY Group has partnered with One Young World to launch the inaugural Afghanistan Young Leader’s Award, which will recognize an outstanding young leader who has made extra-ordinary contributions to Afghanistan in the fields of human rights, environment, health, poverty alleviation or education.
- The winner of this award will earn the title of MOBY Group’s Afghanistan Young Leader’s Award 2018 and will be profiled on TOLOnews.com and TOLOnews TV.
- In addition, the young leader will get the chance to attend the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, in the Netherlands from 17 – 20 October 2018.
- For this, hotel accommodation on a shared basis will be provided for the period of October 17 to 20, 2018 and the winner’s flight costs (economy) will be covered to and from The Hague. Three meals a day will also be provided.
- Transport between the summit accommodation and the summit venue will be provided and all summit handouts and support materials will be given to the person.
- Candidates must be of Afghan nationality
- Candidates must reside in Afghanistan
- They must be aged between 18 and 30 (inclusive) by the date of the One Young World Summit 2018.
Successful candidates will demonstrate impact in one of the following fields:
- Human rights
- Poverty alleviation
In addition, the strongest candidates will demonstrate:
- Proven leadership ability
- A capacity for innovation and values-driven problem solving
- A concern for local and global issues
- An ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
- An ability to work towards a shared goal through teamwork and collaboration
Please note that all applications must be submitted in English
For more information, visit Afghanistan Young Leader’s Award.