NCD Child Global Art Contest 2018 (Win cash prizes and a trip to UN General Assembly meetings in New York)
Deadline: May 31, 2018
Entries are open for the NCD Child Global Art Contest 2018. The purpose of the contest is to raise awareness on how young people are affected by non-communicable diseases. Artists between the ages of 12 and 21 are invited to submit original drawings, paintings, or videos via electronic submission.
NCD Child has launched a global art and video contest for adolescents to visually highlight the importance of non-communicable disease prevention and control for young people and their communities. The theme for the contest is “Health For Youth = Health For All” in recognition of World Health Day.
The NCD Child Global Art Contest is made possible through a grant to NCD Child and the American Academy of Pediatrics from Novo Nordisk.
- First-place winners and a parent/guardian will be invited to a presentation ceremony during the United Nations General Assembly meetings in New York, New York in September 2018.
- Each first-place winner will also receive a $500 USD cash prize, a matching $500 award to a youth-related organization of the winner’s choice, and travel to New York, including lodging for three nights and reimbursement for travel-related expenses.
- The second-place winners will each receive $200 USD.
- The third-place winner will each receive $100 USD.
- Some artwork may be featured on the NCD Child website and in promotional materials.
- Entries are welcome from young people worldwide.
- Multiple entries may be submitted in the contest. The contest includes two categories: 1) drawings/paintings and 2) videos or audio submissions.
- The contest is open to young persons in two age groups: ages 12-16 years and 17-21 years.
- Initial entries should be sent as electronic submissions using either jpg or PDF files, file size 8 1/2 x I l, 300 dpi resolution. They must be received by email at [email protected] by May 31, 2018.
- Entries selected as finalists that are works on paper (paintings or drawings) will be requested to be sent by mail; they must be a horizontal or vertical drawing or painting measuring approximately eight and a half (8 1/2″) by eleven (11”) inches. The size should not include a mat or border. Entries must not be framed, under glass, or have a protective covering that is attached to the art. Entries may be drawn in any medium. For display purposes, colorful entries are preferred. Colored pencils, crayons water color, colored markers, pastels and cut-out colored paper are acceptable. Entries must not exceed 1/4″ in thickness.
- Video submissions must be 2 minutes or less in length. They may be in any language but if not in English must have English subtitles. Videos should be uploaded to YouTube and you must email the video link to [email protected] by May 31, 2018. The uploaded video may be kept in a secret or private category and does not need to be publicly viewable or searchable at the time of submission.
All artwork must be original and pertain to the theme “Health For Youth = Health For All”. The artwork must be the applicant’s original creation. The entry design may not be a copy or duplicate of previously published art, including photographs. No copying or tracing will be accepted. Air brush use is allowed. The applicant’s signature on the entry form is an acknowledgment of the originality of the art. The parent’s and/or guardian’s signatures on the entry form confirm that the artwork was done under his/her supervision and is original to the artist, and conveys permission for NCD Child and its partners to use the artwork to promote inclusion of young people in NCD advocacy and policy. The parent/guardian must sign where indicated on the entry form.
- Youth with special needs may have assistance from their teachers, parents, or guardians to help with their entry. If assistance is given, please note this on the entry form.
- Entries must include a completed, legible entry form and consent form. If you are chosen as a winner, you will be required to send a recent photograph of yourself.
- Entries that do not comply with the contest requirements will be disqualified.
- Entries will be judged on: Visual impact, Artistic merit, Original concept.
- Winning entries will be selected by a panel of NCD Child judges, including pediatricians. By signing the consent form, applicants agree to abide by the rules and regulations of NCD Child and acknowledge that in the event of a disagreement, the judges’ decisions are final.
- Winners will be notified in July 2018.
- NCD Child retains ownership of all artwork entered in the NCD Child Global Art Contest and may use the artwork in promotional materials such as, but not limited to, public information materials and exhibits. NCD Child may use the artwork to promote greater public awareness of children’s health issues.
- Is not responsible for loss or damage to entries
- reserves exclusive and irrevocable rights to authorize the reproductions of all entries in any form and to photograph the winning designs without compensation to applicants;
- has the right to use the winners’ first names and age for promotional purposes without compensation to entrants;
- will not return entries.
All entries must be received by May 31, 2018 at 5:00pm CDT. Entries submitted after this date will not be considered.
All entries must be submitted to the NCD Child Secretariat via electronic mail at this address: [email protected]. Please use ‘NCD Child Global Art Contest’ as the Subject Line.
For more information, visit NCD Child Global Art Contest.