Deadline: June 4, 2018
Applications are invited for the ICFJ “Digital Path to Entrepreneurship & Innovation for Latin America” Program 2018. The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) will continue to expand its network of digital journalists, technologists and media entrepreneurs from Latin America as part of the program.
Selected fellows will participate in a six-week U.S. program anchored by four full weeks of professional attachments at host institutions. Participants will be matched with U.S. hosts across the country at digital communications firms, startup incubators and cutting-edge digital newsrooms based on their backgrounds and skills.
Before embedding with a host organization, the program begins with an orientation in Washington, D.C., at ICFJ’s headquarters where fellows will visit digital media organizations, receive hands-on training on digital tools and techniques, and will workshop their digital media project proposals with media entrepreneurs.
During the final week of the program in the United States, fellows will participate in the Professional Fellows Congress in Washington, D.C. The Congress will connect the participants with other Professional Fellows from around the globe while helping them continue to hone their leadership and entrepreneurial skill sets.
- Selected fellows will have all program costs covered by ICFJ and the Department of State, including travel, housing, and emergency travel insurance. Fellows will also receive a stipend to cover living costs during the program. There are no costs to participate in the program.
Open to young professionals and emerging leaders between the ages of 25 and 40 who meet the following criteria:
- Is a citizen, national or permanent resident of their home country;
- Is living and working in his/her home country at the time of application;
- Has at least two (2) years of professional experience at the time of application;
- Submits a complete application, with all required documents, by the application deadline;
- Is able to begin the Professional Fellows Program in the United States in 2018;
- Is able to receive a U.S. J-1 visa;
- Is committed to returning to his/her home country after completion of the program;
- Is proficient in spoken and written English at the time of application.
The following are eligible countries: Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama and Peru
Selection will be based on professional qualifications, relevant experience, leadership potential and commitment to enhancing mutual understanding between the people of their countries.
For more information, visit ICFJ Digital Path to Entrepreneurship & Innovation Program.