Global Mobility Immigration Lawyers Scholarship 2018 ($1,000 prize)
Deadline: October 1, 2018
Applications are open for the Global Mobility Immigration Lawyers Scholarship 2018. The Global Mobility Immigration Lawyers Scholarship is an annual initiative, open to all students enrolled in a course of secondary, tertiary or post-graduate practical education/training. Each year students will be invited to explore issues touching on the intersection of immigration, law, social justice and multiculturalism.
The topic for the inaugural Global Mobility Immigration Lawyers Scholarship is: Immigration lawyers acting for asylum seekers are “unAustralian”. Respond.
There is no set format, provided that it can be engaged with online. Your submission might take the form of a traditional or photo essay; a documentary or animated video; a short story or biography; a satirical piece such as a mock judgment, advertisement or legal opinion; a series of interviews; a poster or infographic; a stand-up comedy routine or a cartoon; an app or video game; or any other form that can be transmitted online. Do what you do best. Whatever your skillset, impress the organizers with your legal scholarship, your passionate activism, or your wit and creativity.
The winner shall be awarded:
- $1,000; and
- An additional $1,000 donated to their choice of:
- Community legal centre; or
- University/school/TAFE; or
- Any non-profit that assists immigrants
- Applicants must be enrolled in a course of secondary or tertiary education or otherwise a postgraduate course of practical training required for qualification in any given vocation/profession;
- Must be capable of being read/viewed/engaged with online
- Must be original content and not published anywhere else
- Must not be offensive or defamatory
There will be two rounds.
- Round 1: People’s Choice: A shortlist of finalists will be produced based on the number of “Likes” each submission accumulates on the official Facebook page.
- Round 2: National Panel of Judges: A national panel of some of Australia’s most distinguished lawyers, academics and journalists will select a winner from the shortlist.
Submit your entry and evidence of enrolment to email@example.com with the subject heading “Scholarship Submission 2018”. Large files may need to be provided via a file sharing service such as OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive etc or posted to:
Global Mobility Immigration Lawyers
580 Church Street
Richmond VIC 3121
For more information, visit Global Mobility Immigration Lawyers Scholarship.