Bodley Head/Financial Times Essay Prize 2018 (Over £2,000 in Prizes)
Deadline: May 31, 2018
Entries are invited for the Bodley Head/Financial Times Essay Prize 2018. The Bodley Head/Financial Times Essay Prize aims to discover young talent from around the world in long-form essay writing. The judges are looking for a dynamic, authoritative and lively essay of no more than 3,500 words in English. It can be wide-ranging or minutely focused and, in keeping with the ethos of both sponsors, it can address any topic — from finance and current affairs to history and scientific discovery.
- The winner will receive:
- £1,000 and an e-publication with The Bodley Head;
- Publication in the FT and on the FT.com of their winning essay;
- A mentoring session with The Bodley Head and FT;
- A subscription to FT.com, and a selection of books from The Bodley Head
- Two runners-up will win:
- £500 each and an e-publication with The Bodley Head
- A digital subscription to Weekend FT, and a bag of books from The Bodley
- Open to anyone aged between 18 and 35 years of age as at midnight GMT on March 24, 2018 except for employees of The Random House Group Limited (“Promoter”), the Financial Times Limited (the “Financial Times”), any group companies of the foregoing and their families and any other company connected with this competition
- The promoter will only accept one entry per entrant. Multiple or incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
Entrants are advised to retain a copy of their entries as the promoter will be unable to return any submitted entry. Each entry must be:
- In English
- An original work of which the entrant is the author and which has not been previously professionally or commercially published in any language and is not in breach of any third party rights
- A complete essay in itself; (ie not a fragment of a larger work) and
- Submitted via the competition landing page on ft.com with the following specifications: no more than 3,500 words on any subject matter.
For more information, viist Bodley Head/Financial Times Essay Prize.