Deadline: June 27, 2018
The Alternative Economics – FES Fall Academy 2018 is open for applications. The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) South Caucasus Office jointly with the Berlin School of Economics and Law invites young economists and social scientists to apply for thẻ Fall Academy 2018, which will take place from 20th till 23rd of September 2018 in Kvareli, Georgia. The Fall Academy will focus on Economic Development Strategies in the South Caucasus and will offer a stimulating discussion platform and meeting place for young scholars of social and economic studies.
Goal of the Program: Staying in line with the broader academic and political discourses on developmental state on the one hand and market economy on the other, the objective is to firstly identify and analyze social and economic challenges that each South Caucasian country is facing and secondly to propose policy recommendations.
- Selected applicants will have an opportunity to present and discuss their papers, policy recommendations and get a feedback from senior scholars and invited speakers.
- The Academy will offer workshops and training courses on enhancing presentation and social media skills.
- Participants will receive certificates issued by the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung South Caucasus Office at the end of the program.
All the costs are covered by FES South Caucasus.
The Fall Academy is primarily aimed at around 15 early career researchers who deal with following topics:
- Financial systems (creating sufficient credit for development and stable assets for households)
- Industrial policy and economic and social upgrading
- Wage bargaining/minimum wage/trade unions
- Trade/integration into world economy/FDI
- Gender policy
- Income inequality/wealth distribution/poverty
- Monetary/fiscal policy/exchange rate
- Global value chains
- Shadow interventionism/ informal governance
Requirements for Participation:
- Open to young economists and social scientists from Armenia, Azerbaijan or Georgia
- Between 18 and 35 years of age
- Good command of English language
- Early career researcher with the background in Economics, Sociology or Political Economy
- Interest in heterodox economic concepts
In order to apply please submit max. 1 page abstract discussing one of the above proposed topics no later than 27th of June together with a motivation letter and a CV at: [email protected].
Please indicate the following subject: FALL ACADEMY 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be notified at the end of July.
For more information, visit FES Fall Academy.