Apply: World Summit Awards (WSA) Young Innovators 2018
Deadline: August 31, 2018
Applications for the World Summit Awards (WSA) Young Innovators 2018 are open. The WSA Young Innovators is a special call within the framework of WSA, that promotes and awards young social entrepreneurs. The WSA Young Innovators is a special recognition for young people under 30 years of age, using ICTs to take action on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
Together with the WSA winners of each year, they are honored as outstanding digital innovation with social impact. If you are young social entrepreneur with a passion to digital innovations apply for WSA Young Innovators!
The World Summit Awards are a non-monetary award system with a focus on sustainable knowledge transfer through a worldwide network. This means that winners benefit not from a one time financial reward, but a lifelong partnership and integration.
A nomination for the World Summit Award is already a win – these are the rewards
- More coverage on your product. WSA provides nominees with press templates to help them to gain the attention of national media with support of the WSA national experts
- World Summit Award nominee seal to use on websites, social media channels and publications
- Opportunity to receive feedback from the jurors.
- Being nominated for the World Summit Award means to be the best in the respective country in one of our 8 categories. Our experience has shown that this qualification can immensely improve outreach.
Winners receive the following:
- Invitation to the WSA Global Congress including:
- Pitching seminars
- 5 minute pitch session in front of an international audience during the Congress
- A program of especially crafted workshops for the winners
- Invitation to the prestigious award ceremony and Gala night
- Board and lodging for the durance of the Congress
- Eye to eye exchange with speakers, jurors and international guests
- Integration into a network of internationally recognized digital content developers
- Access to the WSA community of global experts and industry leaders in over 180 countries
- Interaction with world-renowned sponsors and partners of the WSA community
- Workshops specially shaped for the winners needs
- A videoclip highlighting the winners projects
- Special placement on WSA website, youtube channel and social media promotion
- Long-term coverage within WSA editorial channels
- The participation in the WSA Young Innovators is open to any entrepreneur, company, student group or project team – at least one of the founding members and the majority of the team must be under the age of 30 (born on or after January 1, 1988).
- Eligible for young citizens of all UN member states, WSA Young Innovators is open to every start-up, social entrepreneur, NGO, student or individual!
- Submissions for the WSA Young Innovators can contain all mobile and web-based projects, such as: apps, web pages, applications for wearables, kiosk installations, SMS based products, games and interactive productions. There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with.
- All submissions have to be launched products. No drafts, ideas or unfinished projects can be accepted.
The WSA Young Innovators call is eligible for projects that:
- Are developed by young innovators under the age of 30
- Offer digital solutions to any of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Deliver content-rich digital solutions to the user including individuals, businesses, and organisations
- have a strong digital component: websites, apps, SMS based solutions, IoT, wearables etc.
- are market ready or already launched on the market – no ideas or concepts are eligible
- Taking part in the WSA Young Innovators is eligible through submission of a project with a clear digital component to the WSA Database.
- Only submitted and fully filled in applications will be considered by the WSA Jury.
- Main team members of the projects submitted must be under 30 years of age (born on or after January 1, 1988).
- Submission is free of charge.
For more information, visit WSA Young Innovators.