Deadline: July 15, 2018
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is offering a “Postdoctoral Researchers’ Networking Tour” for postdocs working related to Artificial Intelligence (Sept 23-29 2018). The Postdoctoral Researchers’ Networking Tour 2018 offers on-site visits to universities, research institutes and companies in the field of artificial intelligence, discussions with experts and numerous networking opportunities. Programme related costs and a travel allowance are covered by DAAD.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is revolutionizing industrial production and will shape the workplace of the future – as well as the whole of society. The emergence of ever-smarter AI programming and more versatile robotics allows AI technologies to push past repetitive tasks and to take on increasingly adaptive and intelligent applications. This will strongly affect the highly developed industrial sector in Germany and as a result, various actors are investing enormously into research on AI applications. The traditional close cooperation between universities, research institutions and industries is demonstrating – and will have to demonstrate – the system’s capabilities and potential for innovation.
With this year’s Postdoctoral Researchers’ Networking Tour they want to offer an efficient, focused, and enjoyable opportunity to these researchers to get to know the hot spots of AI research and application in Germany. Travelling together throughout Germany, the tour will provide close looks and deep insights into cutting edge research topics, job perspectives and cooperation opportunities. At the same time, it will allow the participating researchers to exchange their ideas and perspectives with other participants from all over the world, and with us.
Features of the Tour
- Get first-hand information and meet top scientists during on-site visits to universities, research institutes, and companies, and an insight into high level research projects.
- Face to face discussions with experts offer you the opportunity to find out more about
- the German higher education system
- funding opportunities
- the job market
- the start-up scene
- the employer ‘s perspective
- application procedures
- Benefit from numerous networking opportunities with
- representatives of business and academia
- other tour participants.
This is your chance to extend your professional network by working + travelling together with likeminded researchers + experts from all over the world.
- a practice-oriented and diverse programme to suit the requirements of the participants
- coverage of programme-related costs in Germany (accommodation, domestic travel, most meals)
- a lump sum travel allowance if such costs are not borne by a third party. This will also be provided if the stay is extended by up to five working days in order to allow for additional professional networking.
- have obtained their PhD/doctorate no longer than 5 years ago and have not been living in Germany or affiliated to a German institution within the previous 12 months
- have been researching in a subject area corresponding to the focus of the tour
- have demonstrated high productivity and quality in their scientific work. This should be clearly documented in the list of publications (journal/conference), patents and other achievements
- have a genuine interest in taking the next step in their career in Germany and be able to demonstrate this (e.g. former or current cooperation, favourable research or career opportunities, specific career demands)
- have exhibited drive and determination, initiative and a willingness to play a role in shaping the future.
- The tour will be entirely conducted in English.
Are you interested? Apply now!
NB: A pdf-version of the application form is available here. They suggest that you read this carefully before completing the online form. They have tried to keep the form as short as possible and to focus on the information needed for the selection process. In addition to the application form it is only necessary to upload a copy of your CV and a publication list.
For more information, visit Postdoc.