Deadline: June 18 and July 13, 2018
Applications for the Johnson & Johnson Management Development Institute (MDI) for Health Care Organisations are now open. The Management Development Institute (MDI) for Health Care Organizations is a one-week intensive program designed to enhance the leadership and management skills of program managers and leaders of sub-Saharan African organizations.
The MDI program was designed by world-class management faculty from the Anderson School of Management at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) and by leaders of Amref Health Africa. The MDI is delivered by outstanding faculty from: Amref Health Africa, Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration, University of Cape Town Graduate Business School, Institut Supérieur de Management (International School of Management, ISM), Nova School of Business and Economics.
The MDI is administered by the Global Business School Network and is funded by Johnson & Johnson, one of the most admired companies in the world today. In 2017 MDI will be taught in three languages: English, French and Portuguese.
Tuition and Scholarships
The cost of the MDI training program is USD $5,200 per participant. Johnson & Johnson awards full scholarships to all managers who are accepted to the course and have the greatest potential to positively impact the quantity and quality of services in their organisation. These scholarships cover the cost of tuition, training materials, accommodation and meals. Travel expenses, if required, will be borne by the participants.
Successful applicants will receive an admission letter with further details of their acceptance.
- The Management Development Institute (MDI) training is designed primarily for high-level managers of public sector entities in sub-Saharan Africa who are dedicated to the improvement of the healthcare of underserved populations in their countries.
- However, places will also be reserved for leaders of NGOs and other civil society organisations (Faith-Based and Community-Based organisations) that have a similar health-related mission and that have a role in supporting initiatives and implementing healthcare priorities of the public sector.
- They are seeking teams or groups not exceeding 3 individuals from organisations who have related leadership responsibilities for implementing specific national healthcare programs and priorities in their country or region. This format increases the impact of MDI and the program’s utility to support national health systems is enhanced.
Depending on the country and sector, candidates might have the following titles:
- Executive Director
- Project Manager
- Program Manager
- Program Coordinator
- Public Health Coordinator
- Regional Coordinator
- Chief Medical Officer
- Chief Nurse
- Medical Superintendent
- Country/ County Coordinator
- Head of Finance/ Administration
A mandatory requirement for your application to the program is a commitment to scope a Community Healthcare Improvement Plan during the program. In some cases, an interview will be required.
Thirty-six participants are selected for each of the trainings. For the eastern and western (English) MDI programs, please apply using the given links.
- Eastern Africa: 5-11 August 2018 Nairobi, Kenya
- Western Africa (English): 12-18 August 2018 Lagos, Nigeria
For an application form or further information on the MDI click here.
For more information, visit Management Development Program.