Deadline: August 4, 2018
Applications for the Rising Startup Spain Program 2018 for Foreign Startups & Entrepreneurs is now open. The Rising Startup Spain is an acceleration program to attract talent and international entrepreneurs to Spain. The program is promoted by ICEX-Invest in Spain, whose mission is to contribute to reinforcing and internationalizing the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Spain. The aims of the program are:
- To promote Spain and the Spanish entrepreneurial ecosystem on an international scale
- To help attract talent and innovative entrepreneurial projects to Spain.
- To enable the repatriation of Spanish entrepreneurs engaged in projects in third countries and provide mechanisms for collaboration between Spanish and foreign entrepreneurs.
- To capture international funding for innovative entrepreneurial projects and increase specific investment opportunities in activities with high added value in Spain.
15 Winning projects will receive the following benefits:
- Easier access to Visa and Residence permits
- Prize money of €10,000 to cover initial Startup expenses
- Free workspace in Madrid and Barcelona
- Tailor-made mentoring
- Media Visibility
- Free entry to high profile events and meetings with Spanish multinationals
- Open to foreign startups, foreign entrepreneurs and non-resident Spanish entrepreneurs that have an innovative project with an already positive feedback from the market;
- The winning projects will have to constitute a company in Spain at the start of the program; if the company is already constituted, it cannot be older than one year;
- To take part in the program, foreign startups established in Spain must meet the following requirements:
- At least 10% of the startup’s capital must belong to a foreign natural person or legal entity, or a Spanish non-resident provided that he/she is a natural person;
- The startup must be formed or in the process of being formed when the assistance is granted. If the company has already been formed in Spain, it must be less than one year old.
A panel of experts from the Spanish entrepreneurial ecosystem will assess the projects to enter the competition. The evaluation will be conducted in accordance with the following selection criteria:
- The technology the project incorporates and the extent to which it is disruptive (25%)
- The business plan and its economic-financial feasibility (25%)
- The product validation and growth potential (25%)
- The management team (25%)
For more information, visit Rising Startup Spain Program.