POPS Youth Innovation Forum 2018 at California State University, Long Beach
Deadline: June 30, 2018
Applications for the 1st annual Plastic Oceans Pollution Solution (POPS) Youth Innovation Forum are now open. Have an idea to solve plastic pollution through a product or system redesign, technological or economic innovation? Want to communicate directly with representatives from large and innovative brands, plastic manufacturing and waste management industry? Apply for the POPS INNOVATION FORUM to jump-start your role in the solution!
The INNOVATION FORUM brings together imaginative youth and experienced industry experts for 2 1/2 days of intensive discussion to advance solutions to plastic pollution. They know that youth have brilliant ideas for how to solve the challenges we face. They also know that giving you a space to talk with, learn from, and inspire professionals running the world we live in, can lead to unimaginable, exciting outcomes. They want to see these improvements happen, now!
Cost and Benefits
Food and lodging will be provided free of cost. All attendees, unless opting out, will stay in the student dorm rooms on campus at California State University, Long Beach, where the event will also be held. Attendees are responsible for getting to and from the POPS Innovation Forum.
- You must be between the ages of 15 and 25 as of August 1, 2018.
- Students who are interested in technology, engineering, science, design, and business
- You want to share my idea with other youth and professionals.
- You like open discussions, learning and brainstorming.
- You can cover my travel to Southern California, Long Beach, for the event on Aug 3-5.
Approximately 50 youth with the most innovative solution ideas will be selected to attend the Forum. Winning teams will be announced by July 7, 2018. Selection will be based on the following criteria:
1. Research (your idea shows us you understand the issue and your idea addresses the prompt)
2. Creativity (your idea is new and innovative)
3. Effort (you’ve described your idea to us as best you can, you’ve shown your dedication and passion for solving plastic pollution)
APPLY by filling out the application form by June 30, 2018. Go above and beyond by uploading a 2-minute video to the google form, to show us your idea in more detail. Your idea must be related to one of the following aspects of our plastic world:
- +plastic or alternative material product design
- +plastic or alternative material engineering
- +circular business models
- +improved waste management
- +recycling plastics
- +litter capture and cleanup
They’ll follow up with you by July 7 to let you know if you’ve been accepted.
For more information, visit POPS Youth Innovation Forum.