Applications are open for the Wells Fargo Startup Accelerator 2018. The Wells Fargo Startup Accelerator is a hands-on program designed to advance startups that create solutions for enterprise customers — inside and outside the financial industry. The purpose of the program is to drive innovation forward and to make banking faster, easier, smarter, and safer for customers and for the entire financial services industry. The program lasts approximately six months and is focused on helping startups learn what it takes to break into the Fortune 500 marketplace and the financial services vertical market.
There are multiple goals for the program, including:
- Spur innovation within Wells Fargo and expand access to new ideas in the financial services industry; examples include mobile, payments, digital marketing, security and authentication, advanced analytics, and infrastructure services.
- Help startups learn how to commercialize their ideas.
- Explore opportunities for us while solving real problems our businesses face.
- Wells Fargo may fund each startup with up to $1,000,000 for selected companies. The individual investment terms are negotiated with each company and not publicly disclosed. Please note that Wells Fargo does not lead funding rounds as part of the program.
- In addition to funding, selected startups will receive an invaluable set of services, including:
- Access to Wells Fargo business and technology leaders who are looking to solve real problems and to explore relevant opportunities for their areas of focus;
- Support from a dedicated working team that’s focused on exploring a startup’s product and service capabilities, exercising the product in specific uses, and making recommendations for development and improvement;
- Experience working with a large enterprise like Wells Fargo, positioning the startup for success with other companies;
- Exposure through program public relations and marketing efforts, and consultation on individual marketing and communications efforts.
- Entrepreneurs from around the globe who have innovative ideas can apply. Ideally, you should be a startup targeting large enterprises as your ultimate customer;
- They are looking for startups with ideas that improve their business processes, our customer relationships, and our infrastructure. This includes:
- Companies involved in analytics, big data, artificial intelligence, mobile, cybersecurity, payments, blockchain, robotics, digital marketing, Internet of Things (IoT), authentication, wearables, and operations, among others.
- Companies with demonstrable products, backed by experience and implementation that envision a large enterprise as the ultimate customer.
For more information, visit Wells Fargo Startup Accelerator.