Google Campus Residency in London 2018 for Startups
Deadline: June 29, 2019
Google is accepting applications for the second edition of Campus Residency taking place at Campus London from September – December 2018. Campus Residency is a four month program for growth-stage startups, offering personalised support and unique access to Google resources, experts, and global connections. It aims to support the strategic and measurable growth of their business at a global level. This program is cost and equity free.
They’re looking for globally minded, innovative and high potential startups on a mission to drive positive change. We welcome change makers from across all industries who are solving social and environmental problems with the use of technology.
Campus is Google’s physical space for startups that offers a diverse and connected community alongside world-class education for entrepreneurs. Google began life as a startup in a garage in California, and they’ve kept their passion for entrepreneurship.
With Campus, they wanted to create a physical connecting space, somewhere for founders to network, learn, teach, and grow. With Residency, they want to nurture high potential startups and offer personalised support and unique access to Google resources, experts and global connections.
Working with the Campus team, startups define challenges, set objectives and key results (OKRs) to reach goals together, leveraging support from Google product teams, the Campus community and our global network of partners. They will be working with up to 10 startups in this round of the program. Team sizes vary between 5-15.
Once you have set your OKRs for the program you will be introduced to mentors and experts to help you work through your specific challenges, from Google, the Campus community and the Google for Entrepreneurs global network.
In order to take full advantage of the program, all teams will move into Campus for the full duration of the program (September 2018 – December 2018). You will be expected to attend some preparation sessions at Campus from 13th to 24th August. And then move your team to Campus London for the duration of the program from 3rd September.
- Access to experts from Google: Meet and learn from functional experts in UX design, product management, sales and hiring from Google UK and around the globe.
- Growth education: Join workshops, mentoring, and other educational sessions tailored to your growth needs.
- Google methodologies: Learn best practices from Google for goal setting and measurement, and work with the Campus team to define your startup’s objectives for the program.
- Google for Entrepreneurs Passport: Work flexibly not only from our other Campuses, but also over 30 partner spaces around the globe.
- Join a community and a support network: Network with the best of the Campus community, including other founders, industry leaders, and Googlers, at invite-only roundtables and events.
- Place to work: Work alongside other Residency startups at our dynamic Campus for four months.
- Cost and Equity Free: Residency is cost and equity free. All we ask of our founders is that they engage fully in the program, and share what they’ve learnt so far with our broader Campus community.
- Applications are open to all Campus members. They will be evaluated based on the criteria below by a panel of venture capitalists, Googlers, and the Campus team.
- Both Campus members and non-members can apply for this event. If you’re a member, we already have your basic info, so you’ll skip right to the application, but non-members will need to give us some more detail.
The Campus Residency is for startups who are committed to driving positive change and tackle global issues through the use of technology:
- On a mission to improve an industry sector or business function while using cutting edge technology
- Building a unique, disruptive, and scalable product or service;
- Working full time with a small group of passionate and diverse team members;
- Launched product/service and demonstrated traction
- Executive level commitment to share and work towards achieving agreed measurable objectives over the 4 months
- Committed to giving back to the wider Campus community
- Looking to scale internationally;
- Willing to give back by contributing a portion of their time back to the Campus community;
- Ready to commit the founding team to fully attend the program at Campus London for 4 months.
This two stage process involves an online application and interviews for shortlisted startups.
You will hear from the team by 20th July if you have been considered for the 2nd round interview. Interviews will be up to 30 minutes with a member of the Campus Team.
For any questions, please contact us at [email protected]
For more information, visit Campus Residency.