Deadline: August 20, 2018
Youth Peace Initiative (YPI) is accepting applications for the Next Generation Peacebuilders Video Contest 2018. The Next Generation Peacebuilders Video Contest aims to highlight best practices of young peacebuilders! The video contest is an initiative of Youth Peace Initiative in collaboration with the Carnegie Foundation Peace Palace and United Network of Young Peacebuilders.
So are you a peacebuilder and between 18 and 29 years old? Then don’t hesitate, grab your mobile phone or camera and make a video of your work as a peacebuilder!
Show the world how you tackle the following three challenges:
- Financing the upside: flexible support for young peacebuilders;
- Promoting meaningful youth participation in formal peace and political transition processes;
- Creating safe and trustful civic spaces for youth to operate in their local contexts.
Best practices from young peacebuilders all over the world will be highlighted through a video contest.
- The best videos compete for the Youth Carnegie Peace Prize.
- The winner of the Youth Carnegie Peace Prize will be awarded with the title ‘Youth Ambassador of the Peace Palace’ during the Carnegie Peace Building Conversations Conference in The Hague and a conference ticket for the One Young World Summit in The Hague, respectively taking place in September and October 2018.
- Open to young peace builders around the world
- Age of participant(s): 18-29 years old
- Resolution of video: Minimal 1280 x 720 pixels
- Length of video: Maximum 3 minutes long
Contestants are judged on:
- their impact and effectiveness in addressing the above three challenges
- their creativity, and
- the degree to which the peace building initiative is youth-led.
Video and application form must be submitted via [email protected]
For more information, visit Next Generation Peacebuilders Video Contest.