Deadline: August 1, 2018.
UNESCO MGIEP now invites applications for presenters for its Transforming Education Conference for Humanity (TECH) 2018 conference for those working or interested in the field of education and technology. UNESCO MGIEP’s international conference, aims to showcase the role of games and digital learning in enabling a shift from “transmissive pedagogies” to “transformative pedagogies” to create peaceful and sustainable societies.
Building on the success of TECH 2017, the UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP) will organise TECH annually for the next four years to delve into the role of games and digital learning technologies in enabling a shift from “transmissive pedagogies” to “transformative pedagogies” to create more peaceful and sustainable societies. TECH 2018 aims at drawing a blueprint for harnessing pedagogical possibilities opened up by digital technologies, in order to contribute to enabling a revolutionary shift in education from individual content acquisition to collaborative intelligence.
- Theme 1: Transformative Gaming and Digital Pedagogiesfor SEL
- Theme 2: Beyond Four Walls of the Classroom
- Theme 3: Transformative Gaming and Digital Pedagogiesfor STEM+
- Theme 4: Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Education
- Theme 5: The Institutional Framework for Application of Digital Technologies in Education: Towards Surveillance or Collaborative Intelligence?
TECH 2018 taking place in 15-17 November, 2018 aims to:
- Provide a platform for dialogue and capacity building across gaming, digital pedagogy and education stakeholders, including students, teachers and young people;
- Showcase and demonstrate pedagogical possibilities opened up by gaming and digital technologies in enabling learners to develop 21st century skills and competencies to shape peaceful and sustainable societies;
- Critically reflect upon and articulate institutional and ethical implications of embracing digital solutions to education. The conference is expected
Interested in attending TECH 2018 as a presenter? They have a variety of formats that you can submit your application for, across the five themes of the conference. Apply to present a Breakout Session, E-poster, Learning Zone, Maker Space or Mock Classroom.
Financial assistance may be available for select candidates from developing countries.
UNESCO is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- TECH 2018 is open for experts and practitioners in the field of education technology and education for peace, sustainable development and global citizenship comprising of Ministers of Education, senior policy makers, education technology specialists, educators and teachers, curriculum designers, researchers, learners, students, game designers, ed-tech exhibitors and more.
- The working language of the conference will primarily be English.
Apply to present a Breakout Session, E-poster, Learning Zone, Maker Space or Mock Classroom.
Submit Your Proposal: The application process requires interested individuals to complete and return the Application Form along with their presentations to [email protected].
- The title of the proposal should convey the exact topic and its content.
- A brief yet comprehensive description of your session, which covers the subject, objective and proposed outcome.
- The method you use to deliver your presentation must align with one of the session formats.
- Please also submit brief bios of the presenter and co-presenter.
All of the above must be submitted by 1 August 2018 (11:59 p.m. Indian Standard Time). Those submitting proposals will be informed of acceptance by 15 September 2018.
For more information, visit TECH 2018.