UNESCO Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads International Photo Contest 2018
Deadline: July 15, 2018
The UNESCO Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads Photo Contest is now open for entries. The 2018 International Photo Contest ”Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads”, taking place from 11 April to 15 July 2018 is organized within the framework of UNESCO Silk Roads Project, UNESCO Youth Programme and the International Decade for the Rapprochement of Cultures (2013-2022).
This initiative, which benefits from the kind support and valuable advice of the renowned photographer and humanitarian, Reza, offers a good opportunity for young people from different regions of the world to visually capture their understanding and impressions of the Silk Roads common heritage in their respective countries.
Using photography in this way acts as a tool to highlight the significant historical contributions of the Silk Roads. Most importantly, it fosters mutual understanding and promotes peace amongst these diverse populations.
The contest will culminate with an awards ceremony, with three winners being selected from each category.
- 1st Award: A professional digital single-lens reflex camera equipped with 18-55mm lens
- 2nd Award: Semi-professional digital camera
- 3rd Award: Digital camera
In addition, winners will receive an all-expenses paid trip to the ceremony
- Those under 17 years of age may be accompanied by one other family member, courtesy of UNESCO
- A travelling exhibition of fifty photos which best represent the spirit of the contest will start its tour in UNESCO HQ in Paris, before travelling to other countries
- To commemorate the occasion, these exceptional photographs will ultimately appear in a professionally bound collection of printed images
- The photography contest is open to everyone between 14 and 25 years old, regardless of his or her country of residence, except employees of UNESCO and the donor, China World Peace Foundation, and their family members (parents, children, siblings and spouses).
- To participate, minors must provide written permission from their legal guardian(s)
“I, the undersigned Mr/Ms “full name” legal representative of “full name”, authorize him/her to participate in the photography contest “Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads” which runs from 11 April to 15 July 2018. I read and agreed with the terms of rulesSigned “City”, the “Date” Signature
- To participate, entrants must have access to the Internet
- Participation is strictly personal and the entrant cannot enter the contest on behalf of another person.
- Participation in the photography contest implies full acceptance of these rules and all of their provisions. Non-compliance with the rules will result in disqualification of the entrant.
There are two categories:
- 14 to 17 years old
- 18 to 25 years old
Photographs will be selected on their originality, creativity, photographic quality and relevance to the theme “Youth Eyes on the Silk Road”. The choice will be made according to the discretion of the Selection Committee. No appeals will be considered.
Participants are invited to submit their photographs, which will then be examined by selected jury members.
- Before officially entering the Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads Photo Contest, read the Rules and Themes to give you a clear idea of the desired visual elements to be included in your submissions.
- In order to participate, you should first create an account by completing the mandatory fields with the requested information.
- You will then be able to upload your photos to the contest’s website via your account. All participants will subsequently be divided into two age groups: 14-17 years old, and 18-25 years old.
All submitted information should be in English. The announcement of the winners will be made on 30 August 2018.
For more information, visit UNESCO Photo Contest.