Deadline: July 20, 2018
GreenHouse Capital is now accepting for the GreenHouse Lab for Women-Led Technology Start-Ups 2018. GreenHouse Lab is a three-month accelerator focused solely on early-stage, women-led technology start-ups in sub-Saharan Africa, as well as African run start-ups domiciled in the US or UK with products that are scalable in African markets.
GreenHouse Lab features an intensive curriculum delivered in-person and virtually over the course of three months. The program leverages existing entrepreneurship education frameworks and focuses on a variety of key topics including, but not limited to, product development, market segmentation, human capital, marketing, and fundraising.
In addition to a structured curriculum, cohort participants are also required to engage in the hands-on application of concepts and practices learned throughout the program. Other channels of engagement include weekly dinners, office hours with the Entrepreneurs in Residence (EIRs), mentor meet-ups and a peer-learning field trip.
The program concludes with a Demo Day where all the startups present their ideas to a select group of investors and media. After Demo Day, we continue to support and engage with the companies on an on-going basis and as needed.
Demo and Investment Day
During the program, each startup will have the opportunity to meet with investors prior to Demo and Investment Day. At the conclusion of the program, each startup will pitch in front of an audience of key entrepreneurs, investors, corporates and institutions from the global tech ecosystem. GreenHouse Capital will offer a minimum of 100K USD investment to startups that qualify and meet key milestones during the program. This investment excludes other investments that may be made by other investors in our network.
- The opportunity to work from Vibranium Valley, a recently launched tech campus based in Lagos, Nigeria. Amenities include free office space, wifi and partner resources.
- A minimum of 100K USD investment for startups that qualify and meet key milestones during the program. This excludes other offers that may be offered by our global network of investors.
- Access to their hand-picked global network of mentors and investors
- Distinction as a member of the first cohort in the first female-focused tech accelerator in Nigeria
- Media and press coverage of applicant’s startup and participation in the program
- Life-long membership in the GreenHouse Lab alumni network.
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for the program:
- Must be an early-stage tech startup with at least one female member on their founding or leadership team
- Must have identified a critical need in Africa and is building an effective, sustainable and scalable solution
- Must have a team consisting of at least two members including one technical member
- Must have developed, at a minimum, a beta-product and be in the process of refining a go-to-market strategy, building out sales channels and generating revenue
- Must be extremely passionate about their chosen vertical and demonstrate the necessary commitment to building the company of their dreams.
The three-month accelerator begins in mid-August and ends in mid-November. Selected start-ups will be required to commit full-time to the program in Lagos.
- They’re looking for the most passionate entrepreneurs who are 100% dedicated to their ideas and understand that the journey to sustainable success will require a high level of drive and commitment.
- Beyond this, they’re looking for early stage, investment-ready technology startups that have identified a critical need in Africa and are building an effective, sustainable and scalable solution. They’re looking for companies that have developed, at a minimum, a beta product and are in the process of refining their go-to-market strategy, building out sales channels and generating revenue.
- Each startup must have at least one woman on their leadership team which should consist of at least 2 members and no more than 6 with at least one technical member. Selected startups will be required to commit full-time to the program.
- In addition, we may also look out specifically for startups with products that complement existing products within our portfolio. While personal recommendations are given serious consideration, every applicant will still be required to go through the entire application process which includes an in-person or virtual interview.
- Make sure you have a venture profile published on the VC4Africa platform with your most recent pitch deck attached.
- Apply for the program via the online application form
For more information, visit GreenHouse Lab.