Leading Ethiopia: Kana Scholarship to attend One Young World Summit 2018 in the Hague
Deadline: July 18, 2018
Calling all young leaders from Ethiopia. Applications for Leading Ethiopia: Kana Scholarship 2018 are now open. The scholarship will discover and recognise an outstanding Ethiopian young leader who has made extraordinary contributions to Ethiopia in the fields of agriculture, environment, health, poverty alleviation, human rights or education.
Kana TV are Ethiopia’s leading broadcaster. Since 2016 they have been transforming the media landscape in Ethiopia, pioneering the way entertainment can be accessed across the country. As a revolutionary industry leader, Kana TV is proud to partner with One Young World to launch the inaugural Leading Ethiopia: Kana Scholarship.
The award winner will receive:
- Title of Leading Ethiopia: Kana Scholar.
- Profiling in Kana TV publications & channels.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 17 and 20 (inclusive) October, 2017.
- Provisions may be made for delegates to avail of an additional night’s accommodation on 16 October, should their travel itinerary require.
- The cost of travel to and from The Hague (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Candidates must be of Ethiopian nationality
- Candidates must reside in Ethiopia
- They must be aged between 18 and 30 (inclusive) by the date of the One Young World Summit 2018.
Successful candidates will demonstrate impact in one of the following fields:
- Poverty alleviation
In addition, the strongest candidates will demonstrate:
- Proven leadership ability
- A capacity for innovation and values-driven problem solving
- A concern for local and global issues
- An ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
- An ability to work towards a shared goal through teamwork and collaboration
Please note that all applications must be submitted in English.
For more information, visit Kana Scholarship.