University of Dundee Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa Scholarship 2018 (Up to £30,000)
Deadline: November 17, 2018
Applications are invited for the University of Dundee Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa Scholarship 2018. The University of Dundee, in partnership with Leymah Gbowee Foundation, is offering one African female student from Liberia, Nigeria or Ghana, the opportunity to undertake a one year postgraduate taught degree at the University of Dundee.
Preference is given to a candidate who has shown evidence of upholding the ethos of the Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa through sustained personal growth, involvement in community development, and a strong commitment to the advancement and education of women and youth in her home country.
The following are subject areas where scholarship may be awarded: Anatomy / Forensic Anthropology / Forensic and Medical Art, Architecture and Urban Planning, Biomedical Engineering, Business (Accountancy / Economics / Finance / International Business), Computing, Energy Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy, Geography / Environmental Science, Law, Mechanical Engineering, Nursing and Health Sciences, Politics and International Relations
- The scholarship award is up to £30,000 and covers tuition fees, accommodation and living expenses. Any additional costs relating to tuition fees will be covered by the University of Dundee.
- Applicant must hold an academic offer of entry to the University of Dundee for January 2019 entry
- You must be a Liberian, Nigerian, Ghanaian country national citizen
- You must be permanently resident in Liberia, Nigeria or Ghana at the time of your application
- Available to female applicants only
You can then download and complete the Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa Scholarship Application Form and return by the deadline to email@example.com using ‘Gbowee Scholarship Application’ as your subject. With your application form, you must also submit documentation to support your citizenship and permanent residence.
Please ensure you include your Applicant ID number in all communications, as applications for this scholarship will not be accepted if you have not yet been made an offer of entry to the University of Dundee.
For more information, visit Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa Scholarship.