Applications are open for the DAAD Scholarships for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses 2018/19. With its development-oriented postgraduate study programs, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all.
The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 750 euros for graduates or 1,000 euros for doctoral candidates;
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover;
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
- Open to graduates with at least two years’ professional experience;
- Candidates fulfil the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject;
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship;
- Only individual scholarships exclusively for Postgraduate courses in Germany that are listed on the List of all Postgraduate courses with application deadlines will be funded.
For more information, visit DAAD Scholarship.