Deadline: November 16, 2018
Applications are open for the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey International Photography Contest 2018. The International Photography Contest “Economy and Crafts” aims to support the photographic arts and photography artists, to strengthen national and international communication channels, to underscore the importance of crafts via the art of photography, and to raise and expand at the international level people’s awareness about universal diversity through a focus on crafts in different societies.
As a field of production within the economy, crafts reflect the cultural values of a society through the diversity they offer and a common language of expression. Evolving around a master-apprentice relationship and passed down from generation to generation, crafts are built upon artisanship and hard work as well as on training. It is a field which contributes not only to the economy but also to the common culture that shapes a society.
- First Prize: FIAP Gold Medal + TRY 20,000
- Second Prize: FIAP Silver Medal +TRY 15,000
- Third Prize: FIAP Bronze Medal + TRY 10,000
- FIAP Mention (10): TRY 2,500
- CBRT Special Prize (to be given to a photograph taken in Turkey): TRY 2,500
- FIAP Best Photographer Award: (To be awarded to the photographer whose works receive the highest recognition (award + exhibition) in total)
- Exhibition (Max 60 photographs): TRY 500
- Participation in the contest is free;
- The contest is open to all amateur and professional photographers who have completed 18 years of age by the deadline for application, with the exception of members of the Jury, the TFSF Representative, members of the Organizing Committee, and the Contest Secretariat;
- Each entrant can participate in the contest with a maximum of 4 (four) digital color or blackwhite photographs. Although any technique is allowed, those images that are created by using only computer software or those that do not have any photographic content will not be accepted;
- Only those photographs uploaded online directly or by following the directions here will be accepted. Printed photographs or photographs sent via e-mail or submitted in CD/DVD will not be accepted;
- The photographs will be assigned code numbers by the system automatically, and then be submitted for consideration by the Jury with these code numbers. Members of the Jury will categorically never see the names of the photographs or entrants;
- Entrants agree, declare, and commit that the image is photographed solely by the entrants, that they hold the copyright of the photograph and have all the necessary permissions. The rule violation procedure shall be applied to those entrants who act contrary to these statements and commitments, and who make any alterations to any photograph with the intention of deceiving the Jury.
For more information, visit Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey Photography Contest.