Deadline: September 5, 2018
The Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship 2018 is now open. The Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship supports exceptional individuals to undertake post-graduate study at one of Australia’s leading universities. Do you have the drive to make a difference? Apply now.
Whether your focus is Asia, new technology or social change we’re offering postgraduate study for talented individuals at Australia’s leading universities. Scholars will be exceptional people, chosen for their potential to make a difference to Australia’s future in one of our three focus areas:
- Technology and innovation
- Strengthening Australia-Asia ties
- Enabling positive social change
Valued at up to $120,000 over, typically, 2-3 years, scholarships will be awarded annually for research or coursework studies at graduate level.
A key feature of the Future Leaders Scholarship is the Leadership Development Program, developed specifically for our Scholars. You’ll experience leadership development beyond the classroom. This nine-month program supports you to build on your strengths, develop targeted leadership capabilities, create career pathways and succeed in your field. The Leadership Development program provides relevant experiences, exposure to global thought leaders and explores key topics related to our focus areas.
Open to scholars who have:
- Who have demonstrated academic excellence and are eager to undertake a PhD or full time Masters at one of nine universities, in a field of well above world standard.
- Passionate about strengthening Australia’s ties with Asia, driving technology and innovation or enabling positive social change.
- With a bold vision to contribute to the growth and prosperity of Australia who can articulate this vision and how postgraduate study will help make it real.
- Possessing a desire and potential to lead.
- Keen to be inspired by others, build networks and collaborate across diverse disciplines.
- Confident in taking on challenges.
- A desire to be part of and contribute to the Westpac 100 Scholars Network.
- They’re looking for Australia’s best and brightest
- Your ability matches your drive – giving you the potential to make a lasting difference to Australia’s future.
- They want to help you realise this potential.
- You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident (NZ citizens who are not also Australian citizens are not eligible).
- You have completed your first undergraduate degree after 1 September 2013, OR will complete by 31 December 2018.
- You have achieved or are on track to achieve an average result of H1 or H2A equivalent (approx. 75%).
- You have chosen to undertake a full-time Masters by coursework or research or a PhD at one of our nine participating universities with demonstrated world-class capability in the proposed area of study.
- You must commence study in 2019 (Jan – Dec 2019).
- Your proposed program of study:
- Can be in any field and must be relevant to the Foundation’s focus areas
- Include international opportunities, such as a period of study at an overseas university, an invited presentation at a conference significant to the discipline, or a period of internship or placement at an overseas organisation, which will develop your leadership skills and global networks
- Underpin a worthy and viable post-study plan that benefits Australia
- Funding requests for the purpose of medical research as defined in the ARC Medical Research Policy available on the Australian Research Council website will not be considered; MD, juris doctor programs or equivalent are also excluded.
- Masters by coursework programs must be completed within two years.
- You are able to supply two letters of reference – one academic reference and one personal reference.
- For PhD and Masters by Research applicants, you must also supply one letter of support from either your supervisor, dean of the faculty or head of school or equivalent.
They will be awarding 17 Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships in 2018. Applications are open 15 June to 5 September 2018.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit Westpac.