Alive Peace Training Course 2018 for Young Peacebuilders in Europe (Funded to Switzerland)
Deadline: August 3, 2018
Applications for the Alive Peace Training Course 2018 are now open. The aim of the project is to empower and build the competences of 25 young peacebuilders, youth workers and changemakers to develop a culture of peace through personal change and wellbeing. The training is composed of an 8 day programme (which includes arrival day on 7th and departure day on 14th October) and activities are based on a non-formal education methodology, rooted in a participant-centred, experiential learning approach.
Throughout all the activities, participants will be encouraged to actively participate bringing their own experiences, sharing best practices and identify the main challenges in their work with youth people, in order to find sustainable strategies to strengthen their role as agents of change. Participants will also be given the space to offer sessions if they wish to do so.
Participants will also design concrete action plans in order to promote a culture of peace within their own groups, starting from a local to an international level. After the training a follow up system will be implemented in order to assist participants in the development of their action plans.
- Travel costs (up to 400 CHF per participant), accommodation and food will be covered by the project.
- There is a 100 CHF participation fee (which will be deducted from the reimbursements so that you do not have to pay upfront), with a limited number of bursaries available.
- Open to young people active or interested in the fields of peace and conflict/youth work/social change;
- Should be involved in a relevant local or international project/organisation
- Availability to take part in the whole duration of the project
- From one of the following countries:
- Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Finland, Sweden, United Kingdom
- Have good level of English
- Aged 18–35
For more information, visit Alive Peace Training.