UNESCO ARC-WH Workshop on Strengthening Capacities of World Heritage Professionals in the Arab Region 2018 (Fully-funded to Bahrain)
Deadline: August 31, 2018
The Arab Regional Centre for World Heritage (ARC-WH) and ICOMOS International, in collaboration with ICCROM and IUCN, are organizing a Capacity Building programme for World Heritage Professionals in the Arab Region. This programme aims at building a strong network of experts from the Arab region that will assist the Arab States, the Advisory Bodies and World Heritage stakeholders in the effective implementation of the World Heritage Convention.
The Strengthening Capacities of World Heritage Professionals in the Arab Region for Cultural and Mixed sites pilot workshop (in English) will be held from 9 – 13 December 2018 at the Arab Regional Centre for World Heritage (ARC-WH) located in Bahrain.
The workshop will approach the implementation of the World Heritage Convention for different types of heritage that exist in the Arab region, and will also take regional specificities into account. Participants will have the opportunity to explore concepts and tools used by the Convention, and will provide insight into how the Advisory Bodies work on State of Conservation reports and evaluate nominations.
The cost of the participant is covered by the ARC-WH | Arab Regional Centre for World Heritage. This will include:
- Roundtrip travel ticket to Bahrain
- Local transportation
12 to 15 participants from the Arab Region will be selected for the training, matching the following criteria:
- Have at least 5 years of experience working in the field of Cultural and/or Natural Heritage;
- Be fluent in English (oral and writing) and Arabic;
- A minimum knowledge of the World Heritage Convention and the Operational Guidelines is required;
- Be motivated, active, and driven, and be interested in engaging in the field of World Heritage through assisting the Arab States and the Advisory Bodies in the implementation of the World Heritage Convention;
- Only experts from the 19 countries of the Arab Region that have ratified the World Heritage Convention will be accepted;
- Only one applicant per country will be selected.
All applicants are kindly requested to complete the application form and e-mail it no later than 31 August 2018 to the following e-mail addresses:
For more information, visit ARC-WH.