Deadline: August 31, 2018
Are you a budding journalist, with something to say about how EU funds are spent on projects in your region? Would you want to participate in a three-week, full immersion training programme on EU communications in Brussels, learning new techniques and honing your skills by learning from the professionals?
Write a blog post in any language about any EU-funded project and you might be one of three winners of the European Commission #EUinmy egion Blog Contest 2018.
The three winners will be invited to join a 3-week tailor-made full immersion training programme on EU communications. They will experience the work of a communication department in an EU institution, in a communication agency and in a media outlet covering the Brussels sphere.
- All the expenses including travel and accommodation in Brussels are paid.
- Entrants must be 18+ years old;
- You can enter up to three blog posts on three (or more) different projects. If you don’t have your own blog, no problem: they’re looking for interesting pieces on one projects, wherever it’s published. These days, that could be a Note on Facebook, a blog post on LinkedIn or a newspaper’s platform, or even a great photo & caption combination on Instagram. Just as long as:
- It’s public
- It’s significantly longer than a status update
- Apart from the fact that your post must be about an EU-funded project, you have complete editorial independence. But you can’t preach hatred, racism, or violence, use obscenities or ethnic slurs, or insult, slander or defame anyone.
- All posts will be judged by an independent jury composed of journalists and communication experts. Their scores will be combined with the amount of web traffic and social shares each post receives to choose three winners. The earlier you publish, the more traffic you get, the better placed you will be.
How to Enter
Entering the blog contest is simple:
- Choose an EU-funded project
- Write a story about it in any EU language
- Submit the link to Gleam
For more information, visit #EU in my Region Blog Contest.