The 1 in 7 Scholarship for Young People with Disabilities to attend the One Young World Summit 2018 in the Hague, Netherlands
Deadline: August 8, 2018
One Young World invites applications for The 1 in 7 Scholarship in partnership with Include Me TOO, which will support 5 of the world’s most inspiring and impactful leaders in the disability space to participate in the One Young World Summit 2018 which takes place in The Hague, Netherlands from 17 – 20 October. There are over 1 billion people in the world living with some form of a disability – that’s 15% of the world’s population, or 1 in 7 of us. This group is chronically underrepresented at every level.
About Include Me TOO
Include Me TOO is a charity working locally nationally and internationally with disabled children young people and their families supporting their rights, inclusion, participation and representation from a diverse range of backgrounds. The charity supports and promotes social justice, equality and rights for all disabled children and young people. Include Me TOO provides a range of support services including peer support, befriending services, activities and holiday clubs for disabled children, outreach and information and advice. The charity advises on policy, disability equality, diversity, inclusion and rights, nationally and internationally.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 17 October and 20 October
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from The Hague.
In order to apply you must:
- Be aged 18 – 30
- Identify as having a disability
Successful candidates will excel in the following areas:
- Evidenced commitment to supporting the equality and rights for disabled persons
- Leadership ability
- Concern for local or global issues
- Ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
For more information, visit The 1 in 7 Scholarship.