Deadline: September 3, 2018
The Salzburg Global Seminar invites applications for the Young Cultural Innovators (YCI) Forum 2018. The YCI Forum aims to build collaborative networks for human capital and leadership development within the cultural sector. They are currently accepting applications for funded scholarships from young cultural innovators based in Baltimore, Nairobi and Salzburg.
Each annual YCI cohort is comprised of approximately ten expert facilitators and fifty young cultural innovators between the ages of 25 and 35 from around the world. The group is balanced in terms of gender, discipline, and geographic representation. Participants are chosen through a highly competitive application and nomination process, to ensure outstanding quality and diversity of professional knowledge and experience within the Forum.
Most participants come from “YCI hubs” that Salzburg Global Seminar has been developing with partners in cities and regions around the world. These hubs – which form the core of the YCI Forum’s activities – now include: Adelaide, Australia; Athens, Greece; Baltimore, USA; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Canada; Cape Town, South Africa; Detroit, USA; Malta; Manila, Philippines; Memphis, USA; Nairobi, Kenya; New Orleans, USA; Mekong Delta: Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, and Thailand; Plovdiv, Bulgaria; Salzburg, Austria; Seoul, South Korea; Tirana, Albania; and Tokyo, Japan.
- Be 25–35 years of age.
- Be proficient in English the working language of the YCI Forum.
- Have at least 1–3 years of professional experience in the cultural sector, creative industries, and/or at an arts organization or institution.
- Want to become an active member of the YCI global network, and be prepared to commit time, energy, and resources to sustaining these.
- Aim to create social change and strengthen the position of the arts and cultural institutions within your community.
- Demonstrate creativity in approach to work, openness to innovation and risk-taking, action-orientation, and entrepreneurial inclination.
- Have a cross-sectoral approach to work and demonstrate an interest in building cross sectoral alliances/partnerships beyond the cultural sector.
- Exhibit passion, enthusiasm, and leadership potential.
They are currently accepting scholarship applications from the following countries:
- A personal statement (approx. 500 words) detailing:
- Your motivation for applying to the Young Cultural Innovators Forum;
- What you hope to take away from the program;
- What you will contribute to the local and global YCI network;
- How your participation will have an impact on your local community.
- A brief bio (sample on application form).
- A photo of yourself (this does not need to be professionally taken).
- A CV/Resume including name and email address of 2 references.
For questions concerning the application please contact Bernadette Prasser ([email protected]). Please include only the information outlined above.
All applicants must submit the following information online using the registration form at my.salzburgglobal.org.