Wellcome Trust Climate Change and Health Awards 2019 (Up to £500,000 funding)
Deadline: October 11, 2018
Wellcome Trust is now accepting applications for the Climate Change and Health Awards 2018. This funding supports researchers who want to explore the links between people’s health and a changing climate.
Do you want to explore the links between people’s health and a changing climate? Apply now for up to £500,000 funding across three focus areas below.
Wellcome Trust is a charitable foundation that exists to improve health for everyone. They support thousands of scientists & researchers, spark debate & take on big problems.
To be eligible, your proposal must focus on at least one of the following areas:
- Developing tools, data sources and other resources to support research into climate change and health
- Assessing the health co-benefits of actions to mitigate climate change
- Assessing the health impacts of actions to adapt to climate change.
- Where your host organisation is based: UK, Republic of Ireland, Low- or middle-income countries, Rest of the world
- Level of funding: £100,000 to £500,000 (up to £1 million in exceptional circumstances)
- Duration of funding: Up to 3 years
You may ask for funding of up to £500,000 for up to three years.
In exceptional circumstances, we may award up to £1 million. This funding will be for projects that have the potential to bring about major change. If you plan to submit an award above £500,000, please discuss it with the Our Planet, Our Health team first.
Your costs should be justifiable and appropriate for your proposed activities.
Their support includes:
- materials and consumables
- research management and support costs
- travel and subsistence
- fieldwork expenses
- inflation allowance
- publication costs
- other costs
- Climate Change and Health Awards are open to researchers who want to better understand the links between climate change and people’s health.
- The awards are open to individuals or teams of up to ten members from anywhere in the world.
You can apply if you’re based at:
- an academic research organisation
- a not-for-profit or government body
- a private sector organisation.
You must submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT).
You must submit your application by 17:00 (BST) on the deadline day. They don’t accept late applications.
- Preliminary application deadline: 11 October 2018, 17:00 BST
- Full application deadline: 10 January 2019
- Decision: March 2019
For more information, visit Wellcome Trust.