Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program 2018 in Marrakesh, Morocco (Funded)
Deadline: October 17, 2018
Applications are open for the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders (ADEL) Program 2018. The ADEL program fosters a unique network across generations, continents, and cultures, aimed at stimulating generational dialogue within the conference, and beyond, by building a large interconnected community of rising professionals in their respective fields. Are you a 23-35 year old young professional, based in North America, Europe, Latin America, the Caribbean and Africa? Do you want to make a difference in your region (and the world)?
OCP Policy Center is organizing the seventh edition of The Atlantic Dialogues, a high-level conference that has become a tradition since its launch in 2012 by its founding partners the German Marshall Fund of the United States and OCP Policy Center in Morocco. This annual conference convenes influential public- and private-sector leaders from around the Atlantic Basin for open, informal discussion on cross-regional issues and also encourages intergenerational dialogue through its Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders program.
About the Program
Every year, the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program brings together 40 to 50 young leaders, aged 23 to 35, from around the Atlantic basin and Africa, who have demonstrated leadership and initiative in their fields and who aim to shape the regional and global agenda in politics, finance, business, civil society, academia and the media. These rising leaders have displayed leadership capabilities, and have a strong sense of commitment to social and economic issues facing their communities in particular and the world in general.
This yearly program is held two days prior to the Atlantic Dialogues conference, and is a tailor-made policy immersion program that consists of structured group conversations with decision and opinion makers on key Atlantic development and cooperation issues, as well as informal meetings with innovative community leaders and think tank representatives. The ADELs join the Atlantic Dialogues Conference immediately after the program as full participants, and are presented with the unique opportunity to attend this high-level event, network with leading figures of the Atlantic Basin, and speak in different sessions as well as the final plenary dedicated to that specific year’s cohort. The aim of this program was initially to increase intergenerational dialogue within the conference itself, but this notion has been evolving throughout the years.
Through discussions and debates with other fellow young leaders as well as with established policy, business and civil decision makers, the selected pace shapers will get the chance to broaden their knowledge, sharpen their skills, and network with the other members of this growing community.
For selected applicants, the OCP Policy Center will cover local travel, meals, and hotel expenses for the duration of the conference. Limited international travel assistance for the selected applicants is also available.
- Open to young leaders, aged 23 to 35, from around the Atlantic basin and Africa
- Applicants should be between 23 and 35 years on August 17th 2018, the day the applications for the program open.
- Applicants must be citizens of countries located in Africa, North America, South America, Central America, Europe or the Caribbean.
- Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English and guarantee their availability for the full duration of this five-day program, which will take place December 10th to 15th, 2018 in Marrakesh, Morocco.
- Applicants should have demonstrated leadership and initiative in their fields
- Applicants who want to contribute to shaping the regional and global agenda in politics, finance, business, civil society and many other areas, who are eager to network with their peers and older, and who seek to foster and strengthen ties across the Atlantic are invited to apply.
Interested applicants should submit a copy of their resumes/ CVs in .pdf format, and a personal statement of no more than 250 words detailing their motivations for applying and their prospective contributions and benefits from the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program. The application form can be found below.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact Lilia Rizk, Program Officer at [email protected]
For more information, visit Atlantic Dialogues.