Green Campus Initiative’s Green Fellowship 2019 (Monthly stipend available)
Deadline: December 5, 2018
Applications are open for the Green Initiative Fellowship 2019. Green Initiative offers a 12 month fellowship program which will serve as a platform for executing eco-conscious ideas and innovations. They believe in sharing our experiences and resources with willing hearts that are wired with the sense of achieving social stability and sustainability.
Successful applicants will work with the Green Institute for a year. The fellowship program will feature funded trainings that will empower applicants towards the procurement of achieving their social intentions for the purpose of sustainability.
A monthly stipend will be given to successful applicants.
In order to be eligible for the Green Initiative Fellowship, the applicant must be:
- Over 18 years old and must be a recent graduate or postgraduate student.
- Fluent in English and their indigenous language
- Move to Ondo Kingdom and commit a full 35 hour work week to our organization.
- Open to all countries
They are looking for the following:
- Purpose and Passion: Show us your concern about your environment and help us understand why you want to help. What experiences have compelled you to apply? Vividly explain how you get motivated in the face of daunting challenges your environment is facing.
- Leadership: You must be currently undertaking a leadership role in an organization, company or association. Tell us how your leadership skill has salvaged unpleasant situations with a brief example. What are the leadership skills that you have that qualifies you for the fellowship application. Show us that you are constantly learning and improving on your field of specialization. Show us that you can attract manpower, money and other available resources to your organization.
- Innovation: They are looking for freshly baked ideas from the oven of originality and authenticity. Show us why your project ideas are new compared to what has been tried before.
- Importance: To be interested in your solution, Green Initiative must first understand why the issue your project will tackle is imperative. Explain to us the problem you want to solve and why it matters. On a global scale, why is this issue important?
Qualities sought in the selection of fellows include:
- Leadership & Resourcefulness
- Sound Academic record
- Communication skills
- Integrity and self-discipline
- Initiative and follow through
- Openness to new professional fields
- Ability to work in groups
- Interest in environmental sustainability and social change
Complete the application including:
- Your Personal Statement – What has convinced you to apply for the Green Fellowship? What do you hope to benefit from the 12-months fellowship?
- Your Project Statement – What is your plan for the 6-month period in regards to environmental sustainability. What opportunities and challenges are unique to your project?
- 2-3 Recommendations – Must be from your teacher, professor or lecturer and can be supplemented with letters from mentors, organisations, faith community and employers
- Deadline – The national selection process begins in September. Awards are announced in mid-January. Applications are accepted all year-round but to be considered for the early 2019 cohort, applications have to be submitted by 05 December 2018.
Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject GREEN FELLOWSHIP
For more information, visit Green Initiative Fellowship.