Deadline: August 24, 2018 (Stellenbosch University students) / September 7, 2018 (Others)
Applications are invited for the Stellenbosch University International Tubingen-South Africa Program 2019. The Tübingen – South Africa Program is a cultural and language exchange program for South African students aiming to expose them to German culture and language.
The program aims to bring about closer ties and understanding between the two countries. Students spend a month in Tübingen in a program designed to provide a broad spectrum of knowledge in a wide variety of subjects, from language to history to economics; as well as factory visits and sightseeing excursions which makes for an exciting month of multi-faceted learning.
The programme covers the following expenses for successful applicants:
- Successful Stellenbosch University students qualify for a travel bursary to cover their flight expenses
- Accommodation in a German host family (including small breakfast)
- Lunch and dinner during the week at the local student canteen (Mensa)
- Bus pass for the month of January valid within Tübingen and suburbs
- Internet access
- Study material (note pad, pens, etc.)
- All seminars and classes
- All expenses related to other accompanying events and activities
- All expenses related to official excursions & factory tours which includes transport, entrance fees, meals, etc.
- Extra warm winter wear (if needed)
- Open to students registered for a full degree in 2018 & 2019
- Students who are in their second year or later
- Must have an overall aggregate of 60%
- Have not yet traveled abroad
- Must be able to travel to Germany for the month of January 2019
- Must be a South African citizen or hold a valid South African study visa for 2018 & 2019 (Not applicable to students from the University of Botswana.)
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Cape Town
- University of Kwazulu-Natal
- University of Johannesburg
- University of Witswatersrand
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- University of Botswana
For more information, visit Tubingen-South Africa Program.