YGAP First Gens Accelerator Program 2018 for Social Enterprises in Australia (November Cycle)
Deadline: October 7, 2018
Applications are open for the November cycle of the YGAP First Gens Accelerator Program 2018. The YGAP’s First Gens program supports migrant and refugee led social impact ventures that are improving the lives of people living in disadvantage in Australia.
YGAP is an international not-for-profit that backs impact entrepreneurs. They accelerate early-stage social impact ventures that exist to improve the lives of people living in disadvantage. YGAP is searching for the most ambitious, game-changing social enterprises led by migrants and refugees in Australia.
- Accelerate: A five-day intensive entrepreneurship program designed to fast track your early-stage venture. Organisers will provide training, mentorship and a community of inspiring, like-minded entrepreneurs who are all working towards creating a better Australia;
- Support: Following the accelerator, organisers will provide three months of creative support, strategy sessions, monthly meetups, business mentorship, legal and accounting help and access to small grants of up to $1000. At the end of the support phase a Pitch Event is held, giving each of the entrepreneurs the opportunity to pitch to impact investors, philanthropists, entrepreneurs and industry leaders;
- Grow: The top entrepreneurs from each cohort will move into the growth phase where they will have access to an increased support package in addition to up to $25,000 of growth capital.
- Open to ventures that have launched or have run a pilot and shown proof of concept. Organisers typically look for ventures that have less than 100 customers and have been operating for less than two years;
- There must be at least one migrant or refugee co-founder who will participate in the program;
- The founder(s) must intimately understand the problem they are solving;
- The venture must be improving the lives of people who are experiencing disadvantage in Australia.
For more information, visit YGAP First Gens Accelerator Program.