Google Women Techmakers & Chrome Dev Summit Travel Grant 2018
Deadline: October 1, 2018
Do you want to attend the Chrome Dev Summit in San Francisco, California? Apply for the Google Women Techmakers & Chrome Dev Summit Travel Grant 2018.
The Travel Grant provides underrepresented individuals in computer science and technology the chance to scale barriers limiting them from attending leading tech conferences such as the Chrome Dev Summit. Google believes a diversity of attributes, experiences, and perspectives are needed to build tools that can change the world. Everyone deserves the opportunity to pursue a career in computer science and technology, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, ability or military service.
- Women Techmakers will provide selected recipients airfare or train travel fare to and from the summit and/or hotel accommodations as a travel stipend of up to $500 USD offered through their travel agency partner.
- The program is open to qualified university students and technology industry professionals who meet the criteria and they strongly encourage people who identify as women to apply. Eligibility for each group is as follows:
- University Students: A student enrolled in a bachelors, masters or PhD program (or equivalent professional training) for the 2018-2019 academic year or a current student who is graduating in 2019 or later.
- Technology Industry professionals: A professional software engineer working in the industry or practicing web development.
- Persons who are (1) residents of Italy, Brazil, Quebec, or embargoed countries, (2) ordinarily reside in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited bxy applicable export controls and sanctions programs are not eligible to apply for the Women Techmakers & Chrome Dev Summit Travel Grant
- Applicants must be available to attend the conference in its entirety, meaning they must be available to travel to the conference on November 12-13, 2018 in San Francisco, California, USA
- Current Google employees, aside from interns, are not eligible to apply for this travel grant
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older as of July 17, 2018.
- All eligible applications will be reviewed by both the Women Techmaker & Chrome Dev teams. Recipients of the Women Techmaker & Chrome Dev Travel Grant will be selected based on the overall strength of their application materials compared to the entire applicant pool
To enter, applicants must complete this form and provide any supplementary information as requested herein.
For more information, visit Google Women Techmakers & Chrome Dev Summit Travel Grant.