IBM Master the Mainframe Global Student Competition 2018
Deadline: December 31, 2018
Applications are open for the IBM Master the Mainframe Global Student Competition 2018. This unique, virtual contest is open globally to high school and college students to progressively teach mainframe skills in a real world enterprise computing environment. Employers from around the globe use this contest to seek out potential candidates for mainframe careers.
Industry relies on the mainframe for their speed, reliability, scalability, and unmatched security. Mainframes are critical to the success of a wide range of industries for high-speed cloud computing, real-time analytics, and more, just look at the numbers. Master the Mainframe and you’ll be taking a giant step toward developing critical skills that are in hot demand by the world’s largest and most respected companies.
- Part 1 “Learn the Basics” Prizes: $25 gift card to 300 randomly chosen from first 2,000 completions
- Part 2 “Practice” Prizes: $100 gift card to first 150 to complete and get invite to the Exclusive QTUM Computer Webinar and Q&A
- Part 3 “Real World Challenge” Prizes: $2750 travel stipend & IBM Master the Mainframe Hoodie to the top 2 individuals from each region
- Grand Prize: The top 3 individuals globally will receive a $1,000 USD prize pack
Asides the prizes, winners obtain unprecedented exposure to a wide variety of enterprise systems, software, and products. Earn an Enterprise Computing Open Badge to put on your resume or social media pages so potential employers can easily find you. Yup, that’s right – this is one competition that can even land you a job!
- Anyone who is currently a student at the high school or university level can compete — no experience is necessary. The contest teaches the skills you’ll need and the competition difficulty increases as you progress through the contest phases.
For more information, visit Master the Mainframe Contest.