Mastercard Foundation Postgraduate Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh 2019-2020
Deadline: November 30, 2018
Applications are open for the Mastercard Foundation Postgraduate Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh 2019-2020. The Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh will provide 60 postgraduate scholarships to students from Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities. 10 scholarships are available for the 2019/2020 academic year.
Scholarships are available for the following postgraduate programs:
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Global Health Policy
- LLM Human Rights
- MA Design for Change
- MSc Sustainable Energy Systems
- MSc Carbon Finance
- The scholarship covers full tuition fees and expenses for accommodation and maintenance;
- On top of financial support, Scholars will participate in activities as part of the wider Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh including work-based placements, mentorship, and other activities during the academic year.
- Applicants must want to apply for one of the eligible courses listed above;
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the degree of their choice;
- Applicants must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country;
- Applicants should not have completed a postgraduate degree previously;
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community, and;
- Applicants are able to present economic circumstances which show they lack financial means to pursue higher education in their home country or elsewhere.
For more information, visit Mastercard Foundation Postgraduate Scholars Program.