Global Citizen Prize for Youth Leadership 2018 (Win $250,000 and a trip to South Africa)
Deadline: October 15, 2018
Applications are open for the Global Citizen Prize for Youth Leadership presented by Cisco. The Youth Leadership prize honors an individual aged 18-30 who has contributed meaningfully towards the goal of ending global poverty. The award includes a $250,000 prize paid to the organization to which the individual contributes.
Cisco and Global Citizen are united in their belief that young people around the world are leading the way to create and implement solutions to achieve the Global Goals, and to accelerate global problem solving. They are joining forces to create the Global Citizen Prize for Youth Leadership presented by Cisco to recognize and lift up a young person positively impacting the world, as a way to demonstrate the impact that young people are having on achieving our common goals.
The 2018 winner will receive:
- USD $250,000 awarded to a person or specific people on behalf of an organization that is judged to best fit selection criteria.
- An all-inclusive round-trip to Johannesburg, South Africa to attend the Prize Ceremony at the Global Citizen Mandela 100 Festival.
- Networking and development opportunities to support your work.
- Must be aged 18-30 as of date of prize ceremony (December 2, 2018)
- Must be able to travel to South Africa in early December to accept prize
- For period of three years, must be willing to do media interviews and appearances, and grant rights to GC and Cisco to use name, likeness and related content in GC or Cisco marketing campaigns and on GC or Cisco owned-platforms, such as cisco.com, globalcitizen.org and social platforms.
- You must accept the terms and conditions as listed here.
In addition to those who do not meet the eligibility requirements above, people who are ineligible for this Prize are:
- Any citizen from a country or entity subject to financial or other sanctions by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) or other government entity of the United States of America that may restrict the transfer of the Prize
- Employees of Global Citizen or Cisco
- Any organizations who have previously received prize funding or direct grant funding from Cisco or the Cisco Foundation.
Judging will be based on 5 equally-weighted criteria:
- IMPACT: Demonstrated track-record of measurable impact at scale over last 3-5 years advancing one or more of the Global Goals.
- VISION: Compelling vision and concrete plans for how to extend this work in the next 3-5 years, including how the prize will advance efforts.
- CATALYST: Inspires other young people to have an impact on achieving one or more of the Global Goals.
- GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP: Demonstrates the values and embodies the spirit of a Global Citizen and a Global Problem Solver.
- TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION: Innovates with technology or Internet-based communications to improve efficiency, reach, and magnify impact.
The application consists of three parts: (1) Personal and Organization information, (2) Description of your organization and your work (3) Description of how your work aligns with the judging criteria.
- For the first part, you will be required to submit a scanned copy of your passport and proof of your organization’s registration details including the certificate of registration, incorporation or tax exemption. You must also provide us with a 2-3 minute video of your pitch telling us why you deserve this award.
- For the second part, you will be required to answer 3 short answer questions.
- For the third part, you will describe in 250 words or less, how you have achieved each one of the Prize’s criteria
For more information, visit Global Citizen Prize.