Deadline: February 28, 2019
Applications for the NYU Africa House/CTED Development Impact Fellowship 2019/2020 is open. The Fellowship is awarded to students to cover costs associated with research activities linked to the search for innovative solutions that have the capacity to enrich the lives of people in the developing world.
Fellowships support undergraduate and graduate students to cover costs associated with research projects undertaken in the Spring, Summer, or Fall of 2019, in the following Africa House/CTED research areas:
- Economic and Political Theory
- Economic Development, Mobile Apps, Rural Tourism
- Food and Agricultural Markets
- Migration and Diaspora
- Local Governance, Cultural Norms, and Development of Property Rights
- Fellowship of $1,500 is awarded to two students
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at New York University, graduating no sooner than May 2020;
- Applicants would be required to:
- Explain how you plan to participate in the intellectual life of Africa House/CTED in the Africa House Fellowship Application Form
- Author or co-author one (1) research paper providing findings of your research project, to be submitted to Africa House/CTED in Spring 2020
- Present research findings in-person at Africa House in Spring 2020.
Applicants should submit the following in one PDF file:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- 2-4 page Africa-focused research proposal. The proposal could be an outline of your research or a study that is presently underway that will be further enhanced by the fellowship.
- Africa House Fellowship Application Form_2019-2020
Send applications and inquiries to [email protected]. Please include “Africa House/CTED Development Impact Fellowship” in the subject line.
For more information, visit NYU Africa House/CTED Development Impact Fellowship.