Code for Asia Society Code-a-Thon 2018 for Youth in the ASEAN Region
Deadline: October 21, 2018
Entries are invited for the Code for Asia Society Code-a-Thon 2018. Code-a-Thon is a learning-intensive hackathon experience where beginners and experienced coders, designers and business people alike come together to develop application prototypes. The theme for Code-a-thon 2018 is Learn and Earn.
Code-a-Thon is running for the second year, and is an extended online learning and hackathon experience that is beginner-friendly. Their goal of the contest is to empower young people to become co-creators and international collaborators with technology.
- Code for change!
- Build your portfolio and learn new transferable skills with industry mentors!
- Receive feedback from esteemed judges!
- Win prizes and/or media mention!
- Stand a chance to win an exclusive paid-for impact + learning + travel trip (CodeNomads)!
Whether you are a complete newbie or a hacker, you can compete in teams of 1 – 5 with the following criteria:
- Anyone in the age range 18 – 35
- Anyone from the ASEAN region (Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Philippines, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Brunei)
- Anyone outside of this region can also take part, but you will be ineligible for the CodeNomads prize due to funding restrictions, until further notice.
For more information, visit Code-a-Thon 2018.