Call for Nominations: Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) Landscape Heroes 2018
Deadline: November 9, 2018
Do you know of anyone taking action to help achieve the sustainable future we keep talking about? Do you know a landscape hero? Tell their story and bring to light the work of individuals, communities and organizations surpassing the hurdles towards sustainable landscapes and solving some of the environment’s most critical problems.
Across the world there are many unsung heroes, big or small, who take a stand for their landscapes and the environment. They might be restoring forests or finding new ways to secure food and improve nutrition; they might dedicate their everyday work to clean energy, reducing carbon emissions or developing alternatives to polluting materials; they might be scaling-up recycling schemes, empowering communities, protecting wildlife or cleaning up the oceans. Show what are they doing and how are they changing the world for the better.
- The most inspiring stories and complete submissions will be featured and shared across GLF products and platforms including podcasts, digital summits, videos, website, social and online communication, Landscape News and will have the chance to be presented in GLF Bonn 2018.
- Open to anyone! If you want to put environmental action into the spotlight, then this competition is for you;
- You can nominate yourself, a community member or a community organization that you know of or work with;
- They are looking for a range of entries that represent various corners of the world.
In the first phase, a GLF-designated panel will evaluate the stories and select the finalists, based on the following criteria:
- Meeting basic requirements (story length, abiding the theme)
- Story originality and style
- Photo and/or video quality and relevance to story
Upload your story of no more than 300 words via the submission form. Tell why he or she is your landscape hero. Include their name and contact information, as well as an image, and if available, a video of your chosen nominee or their project, in addition to relevant links to their work (if applicable).
Photo submission requirements
- Submit your photo in .jpg format; minimum size: 3,000 pixels in height or width; size: maximum 9 MB.
- Provide them with a title, a caption and the photo credits.
- Include the title of the photograph and the photographer’s name in the file name, for example: Jungle-JohnSmith.jpg
- Provide location of the photo (optional)
- You can submit a maximum of 4 photos
- Please note photo submission will be made under a no rights reserved (CC0) Creative Commons license
Video submission requirements
- Submit original video content
- Video length can be between 1.5 and 5 minutes, but best to keep it short for maximum online engagement
- Submit a video in English, French, Spanish or German; for other languages, please provide a translation
- Upload videos:
- via a file sharing service. They recommend Dropbox: it’s free and can handle large files. Create a URL link to the file
- Make sure your video is in one of these file formats: MP4, MOV, WMV
- Supported aspect ratios: 16:9 (horizontal)
- Make sure you read and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- They will email all published entries when their submissions go online and are available for voting.
For more information, visit Landscape Heroes.