Deadline: November 25, 2018
The Josef Umdasch Research Prize 2019 is now open for entries. The research prize offers start-ups an opportunity to collaborate with a global player and to assume a leading role in the further development of our internal work structures.
Doka, the subsidiary of the Austrian industry giant Umdasch Group, is looking for start-ups, students and forward thinkers to develop innovative ideas for the “Future Workplace” of Doka. Submit your ideas to the Josef Umdasch Research Prize 2019, and get the chance to win 5000 € to develop your idea and make it pitch-ready for the WSA Global Congress in 2019!
Since 1990 the Umdasch Group has been supporting outstanding achievements in research and development through the Josef Umdasch Research Prize. The award is named for Josef Umdasch, the father of the company’s present owners Hilde Umdasch and Alfred Umdasch, who initiated the prize. Today the prize forms an important part of the Umdasch Group Foundation, an initiative of the Umdasch Group. Its aim is to encourage the personal development of young people and to support initiatives which focus on the topics of education and knowledge transfer worldwide.
Digitalisation, automation, artificial intelligence & co are tools which aim to help to achieve the goals we have set ourselves. How can we use these tools in the best possible way in our daily work? Which methods should we use in our communications and how can we work more smartly and efficiently together in future? And above all: How can our workplace contribute to this?
- They are looking for new approaches to how people can work together in future.
- They are on the lookout for revolutionary ideas and stimuli as to what the Future Workplace might look like.
- They are looking for pioneering solutions in order to be able to structure and to share knowledge internationally.
- They are looking for start-ups, students and collectives who can enable innovative solutions for collaboration and communication at an international level and which pursue future-oriented technologies that will have a positive influence on work and how we deal with each other on a day-to-day basis.
- The best ideas will be rewarded with EUR 5,000 so that they can be developed further.
- The nominees will be invited to pitch their detailed ideas at the WSA Global Congress in Portugal in March 2019.
- Umdasch Group will cover all travel expenses for the participation at the WSA Global Congress of one person per shortlisted team.
The best idea wins a contract for implementation within Doka.
- All start-ups, students, innovators throughout the world who have practical suggestions and ideas regarding the Future Workplace at Doka are eligible to enter.
- No costs are involved in submitting an entry.
For more information, visit Josef Umdasch Research Prize.