Deadline: November 30, 2018
Call for applications are open for the ART Mobility Fund for Organisations, Groups and Companies 2019. Through the ANT Mobility (Organisations, Groups, Companies) funding stream Pro Helvetia Johannesburg provides support to bands, performing arts companies, collectives, festivals and organisations who are active in the professional field of arts and culture.
The core purpose of this program is to make a strategic contribution to building a more connected cultural field in the Southern African region, through supporting transnational collaboration, circulation of relevant new work and professional development. They invest modest resources in the ability of people to connect with one another across the region in ways that can then generate new networks, ideas and future projects.
- Projects will be supported for up to a maximum of ZAR 60,000/USD $5,000 and applicants are expected to have or seek additional funding from other sources.
- Open to organisations, groups and companies in the SADC region;
- They are particularly interested in investing in activities that have the potential to have a catalytic effect – prompting new relationships, networks, projects or initiatives that would then have the possibility to develop independently in the future;
- Activities should involve mobility between two or more of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Seychelles, Tanzania (including Zanzibar), Zambia, and Zimbabwe;
- The Fund does not support:
- Commercial or profit-oriented projects
- Training of non-professionals
- Formal education programs or course fees (e.g. at schools, colleges or universities)
- Video/film production (though they can consider supporting content research or development for digital/on-line distribution)
- Book printing (though they can consider supporting content research or development, or audience led dissemination)
Key issues that are taken into account in the evaluation of your proposal include:
- Clarity of intent and the relevance of the proposed activities to the objectives of the Regional Arts Development Programme;
- Artistic merit/quality and the track record of the applicant artistically and professionally;
- Active engagement in the proposal from collaborators/partners/hosts in the countries with which you are engaging, and complementary in-kind or financial support from local collaborators/partners/hosts and other funders or sponsors;
- The potential for the proposed activities to trigger meaningful and relevant ongoing relationships, networks and activities that can develop in the future independently of our investment.
Applications must be made using this Application form. Completed applications must be emailed to Pro Helvetia Johannesburg at regional(at)prohelvetia.org.za. Your emailed application should include the words “ANT Mobility for Organisations, Groups and Companies 2019” in the subject line.
For more information, visit ART Mobility Fund.