Deadline: January 31, 2019
Applications are open for the Cordes Fellowship Program 2019. If you are an exceptional social entrepreneur or nonprofit leader engaged in building sustainable solutions to poverty and injustice globally, the Cordes Fellowship provides an opportunity to participate as a full Delegate at the Opportunity Collaboration in Cancun, Mexico in October.
Since 2010, the Cordes Fellowship program has provided annual scholarships for 50 of the world’s most promising emerging social entrepreneurs to participate as full delegates in the Opportunity Collaboration (OC), an annual gathering in Mexico of 400+ global leaders building sustainable solutions to poverty and injustice.
The OC brings together social entrepreneurs, innovative nonprofit executives, grantmakers, impact investors, corporate and academic field-leaders, and aligned media working around the world to solve common challenges and spark new opportunities. The purpose of the Cordes Fellowship is to open doors, minds and networks for emerging social entrepreneurs and nonprofit executives; enrich the OC with new, emerging leaders; and infuse the collaborative discussions with a diversity of perspectives.
- Cordes Fellows selected from non-OECD countries (developing economies) receive a $2,950 award (fully covering their OC Global registration) and pay a refundable $250 administration fee, which is returned after the non-OECD fellow attends OC Global.
- Cordes Fellows from OECD countries (developed economies) receive a $2,100 award (partially covering their OC Global registration) and pay a $850 registration fee.
The Cordes Fellowship provides all-inclusive room-sharing accommodations for 5 days, meals, full access to leadership programs, capacity building clinics, working discussion groups, agenda roles, organizational showcasing opportunities, pre- and post-event networking concierge services, transportation to and from Cancun International Airport (CUN), internet fees, onsite recreation and resort fees. Most importantly, they will spend five 5 days connecting with over 400 of the world’s most passionate leaders. Come prepared to share best practices, illuminate partnership opportunities or reveal a current passion or innovative idea!
All Cordes Fellows are responsible for their own roundtrip airfare and obtaining all necessary travel documents, including a travel visa from the Mexican government, if required. The OC provides Cordes Fellows with a formal invitation letter to use with immigration authorities.
- Successful Cordes Fellowship applicants are high-impact, innovative, entrepreneurial for-profit and nonprofit executives with a demonstrated commitment to social justice and poverty alleviation.
- Cordes Fellows are catalytic leaders who, by their actions and accomplishments, evidence pragmatic vision, passionate tenacity, multi-sectoral thinking, adaptive leadership skills, non-ideological activism and a strong ethical grounding.
- Financial need is a primary consideration. Applicants from both for-profit and nonprofit organizations with adequate resources are less likely to be considered. Additionally, please keep in mind that organizations may only receive a Fellowship once and awards are extended to just one senior leader per organization in any given year.
All 2019 Cordes Fellowship applications submitted before January 31, 2019 will be notified via e-mail regarding the outcome of their application by March 31, 2019. Once notified, Fellows have 30 days to accept the Cordes Fellowship award by registering on the OC website.
Questions about your application or applying? Email [email protected]
For more information, visit Cordes Fellowship.