OSISA Scholarships for African Women Media Leaders at Rhodes University 2019 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: November 23, 2018
Applications are open for OSISA Scholarships for African Women Media Leaders at Rhodes University 2019. Eight postgraduate scholarships are available to Southern African women media leaders who wish to study media management at Rhodes University’s Sol Plaatje Institute (SPI) for Media Leadership in 2019.
Successful applicants will register for the SPI’s intensive, one-year fulltime Postgraduate Diploma in Media Management (PDMM), the only formal media management qualification in Africa and the developing world. The PDMM is currently a fulltime programme that is run over one academic year. It is designed to provide people who work or aspire to work in the media industry with critical work skills, knowledge and understandings to perform more effectively and strategically in their organizations and to fast-track their careers to management positions.
The scholarship covers
- The full cost of tuition
- Accommodation and meals in one of Rhodes University’s residences
- All learning materials
- A modest monthly subsistence allowance
- Medical aid
- Mid-year media management internship costs.
- Applicants should be from Angola, Mozambique, Namibia, Zambia, the DRC, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Swaziland, and Zimbabwe. Candidates from Angola, Mozambique, Namibia, the DRC and Lesotho will get priority in the selection of scholars for 2019;
- Only women candidates who are already working in the media industry in the 10 Southern African countries of OSISA listed above are eligible to apply for these scholarships;
- Candidates should already have an undergraduate degree from a recognised university.
To apply for the scholarship
- Complete Rhodes University’s standard External Honours Application form which must be submitted directly to the Registrar’s Division at Rhodes University and a copy emailed to Sibonise Mbengashe via [email protected] at the Sol Plaatje Institute for Media Leadership. They must also complete the application form for the PDMM available here and send it to both the Registrar’s Division and the SPI’s Sibonise Mbengashe via [email protected]
- Submit a detailed CV, including email and phone contact details. This is sent to the SPI only
- Submit certified academic transcripts of ALL tertiary qualifications. These are sent to both the SPI and Registrar’s Division at Rhodes University; and
- Submit to the SPI, through Sibonise, a 1,000-word letter of motivation, which explains why the student is interested in doing the PDMM, how the PDMM will assist the student’s career and why the student believes she qualifies for the OSISA scholarship.
For more information, visit OSISA Scholarship.